Beginning of the End Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/25/2018 8:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by npb7768 on 2/25/2018 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/25/2018 8:29:00 AM (view original):
I'm not sure "edgy" is right. Practical is more appropriate.

College recruiting violations are about on par with Slick Willie's sexual activity. Hacking people to death or starting a war isn't. It's just blatantly stupid to make such an equation.
Your dimwit quote:
"Violations are violations. I'm not interested in how one "isn't so bad"..."
Is "violations" declaring war or hacking people to death with a machete? You're looking dumber with every post.
Again, here's your dimwit philosophy:
"Spitting on the sidewalk is illegal in Oklahoma. Apparently, i guess they think germs can be easily spread. Tuberculosis and the flu can spread. People will die. The law is the law. You don't like the law, then change it. Until then, a violation is a violation. No nuance, no gray area. Spitting equals TB equals death. Hacking up spit equals death. Hacking with a machete also equals death. Spit = death, machete = death. You wanna spit? Get ready for 1 year with Strother Martin."

Also, you brought up Clinton and his BJ (out of the blue).
He got impeached for it.
I brought up Bush and Iraq.
He didn't get impeached for it.

Apparently a group of people in your favorite political party also have no nuance.
2/25/2018 9:21 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 2/25/2018 9:21:00 AM (view original):

College recruiting violations are about on par with Slick Willie's sexual activity. Hacking people to death or starting a war isn't. It's just blatantly stupid to make such an equation.
Your dimwit quote:
Is "violations" declaring war or hacking people to death with a machete? You're looking dumber with every post.
"Spitting on the sidewalk is illegal in Oklahoma. Apparently, i guess they think germs can be easily spread. Tuberculosis and the flu can spread. People will die. The law is the law. You don't like the law, then change it. Until then, a violation is a violation. No nuance, no gray area. Spitting equals TB equals death. Hacking up spit equals death. Hacking with a machete also equals death. Spit = death, machete = death. You wanna spit? Get ready for 1 year with Strother Martin."

He got impeached for it.

Apparently a group of people in your favorite political party also have no nuance.
No, it's your dimwit philosophy. I feel like recruiting violations and Clinton getting a BJ from an intern are somewhat comparable in that it really affects no one outside of those involved.
Some kid can't play for Kentucky. So what?
Slick Willie is getting his knob polished. Who cares?
People dying. Yeah, on a different level.

Political affiliation isn't a part of the equation.

Seriously, step away for a bit. You are really coming off as a dolt.
2/25/2018 9:26 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/25/2018 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/25/2018 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Oh okay, nothing to do with laws, just institutional rules. So let's compare them to rules for High School.

Skip class - suspended for the year.
Get in a fight with another student - suspended for the year.
Tardy for home room - suspended for the year.
Use vulgar language at a teacher- suspended for a year.

Rules are rules!
Sure. Zero tolerance is a great deterrent for aberrant behavior.

Do you disagree?
Oh absolutely! That's why I'm on board to this zero tolerance thing that you're suggesting. If it works for schools, it should work for the rest of society.

Drive 10 miles over the speed limit - 1 year in jail.
Jay walk- 1 year in jail.

Sounds good right?
2/25/2018 9:51 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 2/25/2018 9:21:00 AM (view original):

Your dimwit quote:

He got impeached for it.

Clinton didn't get impeached for getting a BJ.

He got impeached for committing perjury in front of a grand jury.

Big difference.
2/25/2018 10:28 AM
Posted by Benis on 2/25/2018 9:51:00 AM (view original):
Oh okay, nothing to do with laws, just institutional rules. So let's compare them to rules for High School.

Rules are rules!

Do you disagree?
Oh absolutely! That's why I'm on board to this zero tolerance thing that you're suggesting. If it works for schools, it should work for the rest of society.

Sounds good right?
Now you're going back to laws. Laws and rules are not the same thing. Please say "Yes, I understand that laws and rules are not the same thing" so I know you do understand.
2/25/2018 12:11 PM
Please educate me
2/25/2018 12:38 PM
That doesn't seem possible.
2/25/2018 12:41 PM
You can try
2/25/2018 12:44 PM
I choose not to. Waste of time.
2/25/2018 12:47 PM
How'd you raise your children Mike?

Son #1 uses a naughty word - grounded for a year.
Son #2 stays out all night partying with friends and doesn't call to let you know he's okay - grounded for a year.

Seems to make sense.
2/25/2018 12:48 PM
Who says either of those options were rules? Or, as you might say, laws?
2/25/2018 1:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2018 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/24/2018 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2018 5:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/23/2018 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/23/2018 7:41:00 PM (view original):
Two words. Student/Athlete.

What is your objection to what I proposed? Seems like a win/win.
Lots of students have jobs and make money. Not sure why that’s an issue.
What, specifically, is your objection to The University of Kentucky Basketball School that I proposed? Players are getting paid and don't have to be bothered with stupid classes.
That seems like a much bigger change than just moving some of the current revenue to the players.
So? Why do you find that objectionable?
Both are big changes but your idea is so dramatic I doubt anyone would even consider it.

On in the other hand, allowing athletes to be paid for the labor that generates billions of dollars to the schools they work for is a somewhat likely change.
2/25/2018 2:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/25/2018 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/25/2018 9:51:00 AM (view original):

Rules are rules!

Do you disagree?

Sounds good right?
Now you're going back to laws. Laws and rules are not the same thing. Please say "Yes, I understand that laws and rules are not the same thing" so I know you do understand.
Isn’t the FBI involved in this investigation? Seems like this is related to laws.
2/25/2018 2:38 PM
So you don't object to my suggestion? Good deal. Neither do I.

If you're going to change to floor plan, make it an all-encompassing change as opposed to a patch.
2/25/2018 2:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/25/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):
So you don't object to my suggestion? Good deal. Neither do I.

If you're going to change to floor plan, make it an all-encompassing change as opposed to a patch.
I think if you’re going to advocate for change, you should focus on realistic changes and ignore unrealistic ones.
2/25/2018 3:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Beginning of the End Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.