Beginning of the End Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 2/23/2018 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/23/2018 7:41:00 PM (view original):
Two words. Student/Athlete.

What is your objection to what I proposed? Seems like a win/win.
Lots of students have jobs and make money. Not sure why that’s an issue.
What, specifically, is your objection to The University of Kentucky Basketball School that I proposed? Players are getting paid and don't have to be bothered with stupid classes.
2/24/2018 5:52 AM
Great article from Gary Parrish this morning.

He recommends they just get rid of the amateur designation and let the players be paid. Excerpt -

"And to those who are yelling, "But that's a system that would lead to the biggest schools with the biggest corporate sponsors and most intense boosters getting most of the best prospects," let me ask: Have you checked the recruiting rankings lately? The biggest schools with the biggest corporate sponsors and most intense boosters already get most of the best prospects. Kentucky already has a recruiting advantage over Western Kentucky. "

2/24/2018 8:29 AM
Another good article with quotes from D1 coaches.

I liked this part

"a lot of people will choose not to differentiate between the potential violations that the documents reveal. There is a huge difference between a parent or a prospect getting a meal picked up at P.F. Chang's vs. having tens of thousands of dollars loaned to you,"
2/24/2018 8:32 AM
2/24/2018 8:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2018 5:52:00 AM (view original):

What, specifically, is your objection to The University of Kentucky Basketball School that I proposed? Players are getting paid and don't have to be bothered with stupid classes.
That seems like a much bigger change than just moving some of the current revenue to the players.
2/24/2018 10:07 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/24/2018 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2018 5:52:00 AM (view original):

That seems like a much bigger change than just moving some of the current revenue to the players.
So? Why do you find that objectionable?
2/24/2018 1:02 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/24/2018 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Another good article with quotes from D1 coaches.

I liked this part

"a lot of people will choose not to differentiate between the potential violations that the documents reveal. There is a huge difference between a parent or a prospect getting a meal picked up at P.F. Chang's vs. having tens of thousands of dollars loaned to you,"
LOL. Said the coach who is violating rules by purchasing meals.
2/24/2018 1:03 PM
I can only imagine how it went down for Sean Miller in conversations with Deandre Ayton

"Enough with this free dinner foreplay Coach Miller, I wanna see that cash!"

"Oh well, I've already bought this kid a steak, might as well go all the way now"
2/24/2018 1:23 PM (edited)
Sounds like you went to The Bill Clinton School of Morality.

"I did not have sex with that woman."

"It was just a blow job."
2/24/2018 1:53 PM
I'm pretty sure he said "Sexual relations" and he was lying. People do that sometimes.
2/24/2018 2:14 PM
A coach with millions of dollars on the line wouldn't lie, right?
2/24/2018 2:52 PM
Is this the point of when we disagree you just start throwing out statements implying I said something I didn't?
2/24/2018 3:16 PM
Nah, you're just being naive. Of course the guys committing the infractions are going to say "They're not so bad" or "We should pay these guys". WTF else would they say?
2/24/2018 3:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2018 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Nah, you're just being naive. Of course the guys committing the infractions are going to say "They're not so bad" or "We should pay these guys". WTF else would they say?
What are you talking about? I gave one link to some coaches.

The other two were from reporters/beat writers. They're not paying anyone.

Its basically what all the analysts and talking heads are saying. The dinners are not a huge deal. Paying 10 grand is a HUGE deal.
2/24/2018 3:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
Beginning of the End Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.