Knight Non-Conference Tourney/Games Topic

Is anyone in the Knight World interested in doing a round robin style tournament annually? I just think something like that would be awesome kinda like the old one I started a year or so ago maybe longer that we had going.
Votes: 20
(Last vote received: 4/10/2018 9:12 PM)
2/23/2018 12:11 PM
This will be similar to the Round Robin in Rupp, help build up programs, play more human coaches and get higher quality games in non-conference. Whomever wants in let me know I have a system to create matchups and everything based on the ratings of your teams and everything to help make it even. We will schedule a certain number at home, away etc.....I will also probably make a website with all the information for each seasons competitions and have it ready to look at.
2/23/2018 12:25 PM
Colorado is in
2/23/2018 12:32 PM
Texas-Arlington is in for sure.
2/23/2018 1:14 PM
Grambling State is likely in.
2/23/2018 1:15 PM
Mount St. Mary’s is all in.
2/23/2018 1:21 PM
Weber State. I'd love to participate.
2/23/2018 1:44 PM
Main question is how many games do you all want to play? Would you like to play every single person once, currently have 8 teams that are in on this and they are as follows: Which means we have 8 teams, which could mean that we can hit 8 games total with everyone playing each other or I could split them into groups of 4 and we play 4 games total once each out of division. Please let me know what you want to do so I can get the schedules out to you asap so we can schedule when the season opens.

duece112 Grambling State WCC
jmfisc06 Mississippi SEC
robinsmd Colorado Big 12
MWalpole Mount St. Marys NEC
mbriese Texas-Arlington Southland
thinair UNLV MWC
ObituaryConch Northwestern Big 10
mumcoach Weber State Big Sky
2/23/2018 9:12 PM
Damn, there are some solid coaches and teams in this. I think grouping us in 4’s could work, just in case some guys have certain teams/coaches they like to play regularly and don’t want to commit 7 games to these teams. I’m not one of those, I have no other commitments....just saying.
2/23/2018 9:26 PM
Thanks for the input.....I am also not committed to anything so I do not care, but if someone feels strongly about only scheduling 4 games please let me know. I kinda like the idea of playing everyone personally. 7 games is kinda sweet to have set every season and only need to worry about finding 3 others. We could even schedule them at like Game 2-8 or 3-9 to allow for scheduling other opponents or easy ones before and after we play each other and beat each other up. I also think it will help RPI a ton if we play each other. Or at least one would hope for that.
2/23/2018 9:35 PM
I would prefer playing everyone as well.
2/23/2018 10:10 PM
Yea the NEC is terrible so I need all the noncon help I can get lol
2/23/2018 11:25 PM
Anyone else care to chime in?
2/24/2018 9:42 AM
I want in at VT
2/24/2018 2:26 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 2/24/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):
I want in at VT
I will see what I can do, I think UNLV is a maybe so if you want in I can bump UNLV or add more teams to the round robin. That way we can have even more games muahahahahahaha....
2/24/2018 3:48 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Knight Non-Conference Tourney/Games Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.