Draft scouting vs. advance Topic

I must be thinking about this wrong.

Have 20 draft scouting. Player projects to 83OA. Sign the player and now via 10 advance scouting, player projects to 77OA with pretty much every category being worse than draft scouting showed. In general, see most top guys I draft projecting a notch worse once they are signed and I see advance scouting.

I'm probably being naive to think that I'm comparing apples to apples, as there's probably an inherent level of inaccuracy in draft scouting that is very different from how advance scouting functions. Anyone have any insights?
2/23/2018 4:13 PM
The difference is 20m vs 10m. Trust your draft scouting. Either way, the players are yours now so developing them is far more important than worrying about what you see in ADV.
2/23/2018 4:15 PM
OK thanks for the info. I haven't played long enough to have any players I took from draft to ML. My understanding was that projections represent ceilings, so seeing a lower ceiling once the player was signed -- but with less accurate scouting -- was confusing.
2/23/2018 4:33 PM
10 ADV is useless. Either go up to 18-20 until you feel comfortable enough to play without ADV or work your way to 0 immediately. In between is just a waste of resources.
2/23/2018 4:38 PM
Any kind of scouting, the projections you'll see for 10 million are very unreliable. Like Mike said, trust what you saw at 20 mil draft, but IMO the real value in that was so that you could sort your draft prospects. Once the players are yours it's up to you how they turn out. Putting money into advance scouting is of most use when you're trading for other owners' prospects.

2/23/2018 4:50 PM
My opinion is that they're both useless. You have currents now, so thats all that matters. Do a little estimation for each attribute and it'll get you somewhere in between the two numbers
2/23/2018 6:57 PM
Draft scouting vs. advance Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.