How much would you pay for a top recruit Topic

Let's all imagine we could be like the actual NCAA and pay for recruits. How much would you pay for your top target? How often would you pay. WIS is really missing out on some extra revenue if you ask me..

Id definitely pay an extra $5-$10 dollars to jumpstart my career once I got top d1.
2/23/2018 11:01 PM
0. I'll get em fair.

Pains me to see this bullshit. Dudes like John Groce at Illinois as clean as hell. Their kids are all smart, pass ducking legit classes, and aren't payed. When someone does something wrong, like Kendrick Nunn, who's mistakes were incredibly minor compared to all these ther bozos like Walton and Cory Lucius, they are gone. Not saying Nunn should have stayed, but it ruined Groce's career that he tossed a guy who has the 2nd best stat line in college basketball this year. You can't do it right and win...
2/23/2018 11:16 PM
I’d throw a dollar or two at them for a solid recruit. Definitely agree that WIS is missing out on extra revenue with that lol. Anyone ever play GD?? You had the ability to offer booster gifts lol I wish we could do that here. I’d be extra dirty.
2/23/2018 11:23 PM
Jesus, are you all really that stupid and like to throw money away? Who the **** asks for games with in game purchases? Meep morp, robot morons.
2/24/2018 12:33 AM
I don’t want the FBI investigating my program, so I’ll steer clear f paying for a recruit. Dowdygate was bad the first time when I didn’t offer a bribe myself, but got hacked. If I actually did pay a recruit, I couldn’t live that down lol
2/24/2018 12:59 AM
booster gifts in HD in early days too. i could be wrong .. but i dont any of the better coaches really used them. the risk of getting caught seemed to be higher here than in real life (LOL)

penalties varied... but the worst i ever saw was LaVerne Wooden in season 6 and 7. coach was bearclaws06. most who tried to use booster gifts did so sparingly and hoped to not get caught. bearclaws06 went all in. i guess it was season 6 and he threw the maximum booster gifts at every possible recruit.. i think he had at least 10 open schollies... maybe 12, and filled them all with top notch recruits. it was obvious he had offered booster gifts, but first 8 to 10 games passed by and he is just crushing people. i think usually for big penalties was that player was ruled ineligible and maybe team was ineligible for next postseason. but, if i remember right, this time all the players were poof! gone and he forfeited the rest of his games or something equally weird and unprecedented.

i always thought it funny the moral debates that took place... as if using these booster gifts was some sort of evil thing as opposed to just being a strategy in an online game.

also used to have players get technical fouls in game.
2/24/2018 1:40 AM
Posted by oldave on 2/24/2018 1:40:00 AM (view original):
booster gifts in HD in early days too. i could be wrong .. but i dont any of the better coaches really used them. the risk of getting caught seemed to be higher here than in real life (LOL)

penalties varied... but the worst i ever saw was LaVerne Wooden in season 6 and 7. coach was bearclaws06. most who tried to use booster gifts did so sparingly and hoped to not get caught. bearclaws06 went all in. i guess it was season 6 and he threw the maximum booster gifts at every possible recruit.. i think he had at least 10 open schollies... maybe 12, and filled them all with top notch recruits. it was obvious he had offered booster gifts, but first 8 to 10 games passed by and he is just crushing people. i think usually for big penalties was that player was ruled ineligible and maybe team was ineligible for next postseason. but, if i remember right, this time all the players were poof! gone and he forfeited the rest of his games or something equally weird and unprecedented.

i always thought it funny the moral debates that took place... as if using these booster gifts was some sort of evil thing as opposed to just being a strategy in an online game.

You could also have a player suspended for rape and murder...
2/24/2018 4:35 AM
Posted by Nick_Bennett on 2/23/2018 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Let's all imagine we could be like the actual NCAA and pay for recruits. How much would you pay for your top target? How often would you pay. WIS is really missing out on some extra revenue if you ask me..

Id definitely pay an extra $5-$10 dollars to jumpstart my career once I got top d1.
This sounds like micro transactions that are used for games nowadays to fool people into spending more money.

If this was ever introduced in HD, I'd stop playing immediately.
2/24/2018 4:54 AM
Posted by cardman17 on 2/24/2018 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Jesus, are you all really that stupid and like to throw money away? Who the **** asks for games with in game purchases? Meep morp, robot morons.
haha I love this guy!
2/24/2018 6:27 AM
Did you NOT love him at 4:54 AM?
2/24/2018 6:58 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2018 6:58:00 AM (view original):
Did you NOT love him at 4:54 AM?
Didn't see it then, still a little sleepy.

Was awoken at 4am this morning by the woman who 'heard a noise' downstairs.
2/24/2018 7:01 AM
Get a dog.

"I heard something!!"
"Dog isn't barking. It's your imaginatizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
2/24/2018 7:09 AM
Posted by oldave on 2/24/2018 1:40:00 AM (view original):

This guy sounds awesome lol
2/24/2018 8:48 AM
I would give my left nut.......maybe even the right one too. Depends on the recruit and how many recruits.
2/24/2018 9:43 AM
Thanks to you who played along. And to those who are haters without an imagination just shitting on a fun post, I'll pray for you.
2/24/2018 12:01 PM
12 Next ▸
How much would you pay for a top recruit Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.