Guess the signing odds Topic

Posted by snafu4u on 2/24/2018 4:53:00 PM (view original):
I must say I am very impressed by the accuracy of many of the guesses here. It was:

Team A: 43%
Team B: 57%

The recruit signed with Team B.

The reason I started the thread was that I was surprised it wasn't an even bigger gap in favor of Team B, given the huge actual and relative disparity in AP, and the big distance preference advantage. What I learned from this is that prestige is worth far more than I realized. My guess is that Team A was a high enough A+ that it was the equivalent of almost a full letter grade over Team B's A.
I did my calculations as team a having a 30% prestige advantage.
2/24/2018 6:38 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/24/2018 6:24:00 PM (view original):
AP has a lot of value.
Not as much as I thought it did is my point--with 65% more AP and a preference advantage Team A was still able to stay at very high. I thought Team A would have been knocked down to high at minimum with that kind of AP disparity, but the prestige was worth much more.
2/24/2018 6:41 PM
◂ Prev 12
Guess the signing odds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.