Anybody remember when... Topic

Yeah I’m constantly trying to tweak that lineup with new center combinations, but I don’t have any concrete results. I’m pretty much always in the same range of wins depending on what rookies I get.
7/26/2018 9:33 PM
Interesting...thanks, guys. I still can't get interested in open leagues, mainly because of the rookies but also the predictability of routine lineups. But I'm glad to know others are having fun with them.
7/27/2018 9:21 AM
I will say revisiting this thread has helpfully reminds me that the sim on balance is more satisfying than it used to be when random obscure ABA-era schmoes were effective way out of proportion to their real-life exploits. The main thing I miss from all those years ago was Russell's appropriate dominance. I still think his D rating is the one subjective change WIS staff ought to be willing to make.
7/27/2018 9:23 AM
if he was a 100 in every one of his MVP seasons (which would effectively equate w DPOY honors that didn't exist at the time and then otherwise make him a 90 in his other seasons) he would be a low usage/efg defensive board lord whose passing would make you pick him ahead of Ben Wallace in a draft league

and it would take what? 5 minutes?
7/27/2018 12:14 PM (edited)
Especially because there aren’t many equivelant rating attrocities. Some quibbles, but anyone who saw Russell said he was most dominating defensive presence ever so...yeah
7/27/2018 12:21 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/27/2018 12:14:00 PM (view original):
if he was a 100 in every one of his MVP seasons (which would effectively equate w DPOY honors that didn't exist at the time and then otherwise make him a 90 in his other seasons) he would be a low usage/efg defensive board lord whose passing would make you pick him ahead of Ben Wallace in a draft league

amen....its a joke...give him a 5% blk too
7/27/2018 9:44 PM
i first started right when nash/allen/peja/rodman/moses was dominating...thats probably why ive always loved nash in the sim...those teams are also probably why ive never played open leagues

remember bowis?....thats a nice chunk of change to donate to wis but it was pretty awesome watching your 6 teams do battle at once and seeing the overall standings updated
7/27/2018 9:49 PM
Posted by dh555 on 7/27/2018 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 7/27/2018 12:14:00 PM (view original):

amen....its a joke...give him a 5% blk too
well this right here... 'give him a 5% block rating' - all those guys have manufactured block, steal, O/Dboard splits because no one tracked that stuff - and the blk/stl ratings factor into the ultimate d rating - so they gave Russell made up information anyway, what's the argument for not changing it? it's already not real
8/5/2018 12:02 PM
◂ Prev 12
Anybody remember when... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.