D-II recruting D-III Players? Topic

Since when have D-II teams been allowed to recruit D-III players? Never saw this before! I have two D-II teams recruiting D-III players that I am recruiting also. Both coaches are fairly new and have just moved up from D-III to D-II.
2/26/2018 6:49 PM
All players are in the same pool, vision just determines who you can see. It happens when new coaches try to get their feel on a higher division but still have that comfort zone with what they are use to.
2/26/2018 7:22 PM
Posted by akua29 on 2/26/2018 7:22:00 PM (view original):
All players are in the same pool, vision just determines who you can see. It happens when new coaches try to get their feel on a higher division but still have that comfort zone with what they are use to.
So in that case, which coach has the advantage? D-II or D-III
2/26/2018 7:27 PM
Posted by jiss on 2/26/2018 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by akua29 on 2/26/2018 7:22:00 PM (view original):
So in that case, which coach has the advantage? D-II or D-III
D-III gets $3,000 per recruit and D-II gets $6,000. A player would more likely want to play at D-2 than D-3 so I would say the D-II coach.
2/26/2018 7:32 PM
Its more difficult to knock off a D2 team from a D3 team. The upper division usually needs less effort to commit a lower division player than the lower division team would.
2/26/2018 7:40 PM
Posted by akua29 on 2/26/2018 7:41:00 PM (view original):
Its more difficult to knock off a D2 team from a D3 team. The upper division usually needs less effort to commit a lower division player than the lower division team would.
That makes since to me! Thank you both!
2/26/2018 7:56 PM
FYI, a lot of times that DIII recruit tagged by a DII player is just a back-up. I don't know if I'd fight for him, but I'd damn sure keep tabs. DIII coaches usually steer clear of battles with DII coaches, so if none of the other DIII coaches fight for him, you can frequently pick him up later in recruiting for the cost of the original scout if you keep tabs on the DII coach's recruiting. (NOTE: yatzr's recruiting tool makes this easy. Donate often!)
2/27/2018 8:07 PM
D-II recruting D-III Players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.