Posting in wrong chat Topic

How many people have done this? I do it almost every time I post in a different chat. It’s extremely annoying. If they were actually fixing anything in the game I would make a movement to fix it, but they aren’t, so I guess there isn’t anything to do about it but complain.
2/28/2018 4:26 PM
Of all the things to fix, this is the worst suggestion I've seen . You can do one of two things to "fix" it:
1. Be more careful. It's not a real time conversation. Take your time.
2. Say "My bad. Wrong chat" and move on.
2/28/2018 4:38 PM
Yeah, this changed in 3.0 and it's been a pain. The logic of it doesn't make sense. We brought it up during Beta, but it wasn't changed. In 2.0 it worked great.
2/28/2018 4:52 PM
Agree with Mike that it isnt a big deal when one posts wrong

BUT, creating, fostering discussion and community is a good tool to promote and cultivate customers. The way chat got harder was a mistake

I keep assuming the new way is better for folks who experience HD mostly on smartphones - is it?
2/28/2018 4:54 PM
in 2.0, you could go to any league's Standings page, scroll to the bottom, type in a message, and it would get posted on that page.

3.0 added an extra step or two where you have to click on a link that takes you to your league's Coaches Corner page, then you have to pulldown the league that you want to post on.
2/28/2018 5:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Of all the things to fix, this is the worst suggestion I've seen . You can do one of two things to "fix" it:
No **** Sherlock.
2/28/2018 5:56 PM
Posted by mamxet on 2/28/2018 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Agree with Mike that it isnt a big deal when one posts wrong

BUT, creating, fostering discussion and community is a good tool to promote and cultivate customers. The way chat got harder was a mistake

I keep assuming the new way is better for folks who experience HD mostly on smartphones - is it?
I play almost entirely on my phone, and it is harder.
2/28/2018 5:56 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 2/28/2018 5:02:00 PM (view original):
in 2.0, you could go to any league's Standings page, scroll to the bottom, type in a message, and it would get posted on that page.

3.0 added an extra step or two where you have to click on a link that takes you to your league's Coaches Corner page, then you have to pulldown the league that you want to post on.
Exactly, it used to make sense, and now it’s messed up. I’m thinking maybe it was overlooked, and sense nothing is fixed in the game it wasn’t fixed.
2/28/2018 5:57 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 2/28/2018 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
No **** Sherlock.
Then why suggest it? Be less dumb and the problem is solved.
2/28/2018 5:59 PM
Obviously there are big things to fix. But this is a small thing that everyone should agree on. That along with the 10 teams on considering list and others. If they were to fix the game they should fix the stuff everyone agrees on, and then move on the the more controversal changes.
2/28/2018 5:59 PM
If they ever devote man hours to WifS, the world chat would be a waste of said man hours. That's why "everyone" won't agree on it.
2/28/2018 6:02 PM
I’m no coder, but it seems like it would be an easy fix that would make people happier and able to communicate more.

Other projects would take days, weeks, months. This would presumably take like an hour or so. If they were to make a small change like this I would actually be confident in them making good fixes to other things, instead of the usual “we are working on it” bs.
2/28/2018 6:04 PM
I have made this mistake a couple of times, and many more times I have been about to make such a post, realized that I was not in the right chat, and just gave up on posting because I didn't want to take the time to retype everything I had written all over again.

It would be an incredibly easy fix to change it such that the "View all chat" button, when clicked while viewing the chat in another league's standings, would take you to the chat of that league rather than your own league. Such a simple change is something that would alleviate frustration of many owners, and foster community involvement. Taking the small amount of time needed to fix this, while a minor problem, is exactly the type of little thing that makes the overall experience more enjoyable.

Even better would be to allow you to actually type on the standings page itself, like you used to be able to, but that might be a more difficult fix given the redesign, which, while I still think is worth doing to foster more chatting in general, may or may not be enough of an effort to move it far down the list.
2/28/2018 6:26 PM
Posted by gdog13cavs on 2/28/2018 6:26:00 PM (view original):
I have made this mistake a couple of times, and many more times I have been about to make such a post, realized that I was not in the right chat, and just gave up on posting because I didn't want to take the time to retype everything I had written all over again.

It would be an incredibly easy fix to change it such that the "View all chat" button, when clicked while viewing the chat in another league's standings, would take you to the chat of that league rather than your own league. Such a simple change is something that would alleviate frustration of many owners, and foster community involvement. Taking the small amount of time needed to fix this, while a minor problem, is exactly the type of little thing that makes the overall experience more enjoyable.

Even better would be to allow you to actually type on the standings page itself, like you used to be able to, but that might be a more difficult fix given the redesign, which, while I still think is worth doing to foster more chatting in general, may or may not be enough of an effort to move it far down the list.
+1
2/28/2018 6:40 PM
I agree. Its annoying and it was such a stupid change. Not only that, but the issue was brought up in Beta and it was ignored.

2/28/2018 6:57 PM
12345 Next ▸
Posting in wrong chat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.