Posting in wrong chat Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2018 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Are you speculating or do you design programs for a living?
Gdog is spot on. I design websites for extra cash on occasion. Page redirects are one liners.
3/1/2018 7:18 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 3/1/2018 7:12:00 PM (view original):
At this point in time anything in HD that isn’t a “showstopper” is low priority to them. I’m hoping Sportshub has made updates to the other games on here, otherwise I don’t have much hope of getting any sort of updates in the distant future.
They've updated nothing.
3/1/2018 7:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2018 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 3/1/2018 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Of all the things to fix, this is the worst suggestion I've seen . You can do one of two things to "fix" it:
1. Be more careful. It's not a real time conversation. Take your time.
2. Say "My bad. Wrong chat" and move on.
This is one of those "Mike being a dick unnecessarily to pick a fight" posts. Slow day in the forums.

Yeah, it seems like it'd be an easy fix, especially considering the fact that it worked as intended in the past. I've had a few times where I almost accidentally posted on the wrong world chat and gotten a little frustrated. Hopefully it's on the list (albeit lower than other priorities).
This is one of those "mbriese is being a dick without any knowledge of the situation." He does that from time to time.

The world chat works fine. Is it 2.0? No idea as I didn't play then. But anyone with a functional brain can figure it out and NOT post in the wrong world. As I said, it's not a real time conversation. Slow down. If you can't slow down to do it right then you don't have time to be screwing around in the forums. Get back to work or whatever you do.
The irony of this is that auditing website functionality and building sites from scratch is a big part of my “work, or whatever I do”.

Also, the “I don’t know what you’re talking about because I didn’t play then, but you don’t have knowledge of the situation” statement is contradictory and lazy.

I know you don’t actually care how minor this thread’s topic is. It’s a silly thing to get bent out of shape about. You want to argue with someone about something. Quick, someone post about EEs!
3/1/2018 9:56 PM
I agree - this would be nice as well. I am really disappointed that nothing is being done. If they ever get any competition from someone who cares, that puts out a product that is good, I don't think they would retain many players because the lack of attention to the product does not create any loyalty to them. I think it would be a good investment on their part to hire one person to work on all of the games. I do not think they are working on any of them right now, although I do not know that for a fact. But I was so excited when Beta came out and it looked like they were going to continue to tweak it. Then I was excited about the change of ownership, thinking this was going to mean that they would start fixing some of these annoying things that seem so basic. But the naysayers were right.
3/1/2018 10:55 PM
Posted by mbriese on 3/1/2018 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2018 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 3/1/2018 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Of all the things to fix, this is the worst suggestion I've seen . You can do one of two things to "fix" it:
1. Be more careful. It's not a real time conversation. Take your time.
2. Say "My bad. Wrong chat" and move on.
This is one of those "Mike being a dick unnecessarily to pick a fight" posts. Slow day in the forums.

Yeah, it seems like it'd be an easy fix, especially considering the fact that it worked as intended in the past. I've had a few times where I almost accidentally posted on the wrong world chat and gotten a little frustrated. Hopefully it's on the list (albeit lower than other priorities).
This is one of those "mbriese is being a dick without any knowledge of the situation." He does that from time to time.

The world chat works fine. Is it 2.0? No idea as I didn't play then. But anyone with a functional brain can figure it out and NOT post in the wrong world. As I said, it's not a real time conversation. Slow down. If you can't slow down to do it right then you don't have time to be screwing around in the forums. Get back to work or whatever you do.
The irony of this is that auditing website functionality and building sites from scratch is a big part of my “work, or whatever I do”.

Also, the “I don’t know what you’re talking about because I didn’t play then, but you don’t have knowledge of the situation” statement is contradictory and lazy.

I know you don’t actually care how minor this thread’s topic is. It’s a silly thing to get bent out of shape about. You want to argue with someone about something. Quick, someone post about EEs!
Poor read of the situation. I explained my stance earlier in this thread. I'll recap since you're having trouble.

1. The world chat is functional. Is it optimal? I assume not because so few things in life are. For less than a quarter a day, I don't expect optimal.
2. If updates are coming, and the smart money is on "NOT", I damn sure don't want SH to say "We updated the world chat!!", think that's a pretty solid change and go back to ignoring the site.

So I simply pointed out that the creation of this thread was ridiculous. Because it is.
3/2/2018 8:41 AM
That can be said about any thread about fixing bugs. Someone could easily say "EE's don't affect me, I only have teams in D3/D2/low D1! Focus on something else!", or "I don't get in battles, so I don't care about the top 10 teams on the considering list! Focus on something else!", when in reality none of these things are getting fixed anytime soon. Posting a thread like this is just a fun mix of venting and looking for users to commiserate with. Let people enjoy things!
3/2/2018 10:45 AM
Posted by mbriese on 3/2/2018 10:45:00 AM (view original):
That can be said about any thread about fixing bugs. Someone could easily say "EE's don't affect me, I only have teams in D3/D2/low D1! Focus on something else!", or "I don't get in battles, so I don't care about the top 10 teams on the considering list! Focus on something else!", when in reality none of these things are getting fixed anytime soon. Posting a thread like this is just a fun mix of venting and looking for users to commiserate with. Let people enjoy things!
It's like sitting around doing the Marry/Bang/Kill thing with your friends about super models.

Just for kicks. Don't need to take things so seriously.
3/2/2018 11:38 AM
Well, yeah, except there are some things we can control and some things require assistance.

Posting in the wrong world chat? Completely controllable by the users.
EE? Considering list? Nothing we can do. Need WifS programmers.
3/2/2018 11:49 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/2/2018 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Well, yeah, except there are some things we can control and some things require assistance.

Let's say hypothetically I have a set of dresser drawers that don't fit in my apartment - they stick out about 2 inches into the doorway into the bathroom. For the sake of the metaphor, I have no power to change the size of the dresser or the location of the doorway - it is bolted into the wall and the terms of my lease prohibit me from doing anything to move it; my only option is make sure to avoid the dresser when walking into the bathroom.

I would stub my toe on this dresser maybe one in twenty times when going into the restroom. Is it a completely avoidable problem? Yes. Will I immediately complain about the poor design of the dresser / doorway combo each and every time I stub my toe? Also yes.

Complaining about things you can't control is cathartic, no matter how big or small the issue is.
3/2/2018 12:00 PM
Too long. When you start with "hypothetically", my interest disappears. This:

1. The world chat is functional. Is it optimal? I assume not because so few things in life are. For less than a quarter a day, I don't expect optimal.
2. If updates are coming, and the smart money is on "NOT", I damn sure don't want SH to say "We updated the world chat!!", think that's a pretty solid change and go back to ignoring the site.
3/2/2018 12:15 PM
You're right, the only way to continue this argument would be to literally not read my response and just restate your opinion.

Seriously, can someone post an EEs thread for Mike to focus on?
3/2/2018 12:59 PM
I'm right but that's not why. You post some long-winded BS "hypothetical". Why? We're talking about World Chat functionality. Stay on topic. I don't give a **** about your hypothetical. And, again, this:

Is there any part of that you don't understand? If you understand, what part do you disagree with?
3/2/2018 1:08 PM
is there a world chat? I know conference chat but where do I find world chat?
3/2/2018 1:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/2/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):
I'm right but that's not why. You post some long-winded BS "hypothetical". Why? We're talking about World Chat functionality. Stay on topic. I don't give a **** about your hypothetical. And, again, this:

Is there any part of that you don't understand? If you understand, what part do you disagree with?
You're in a different conversation entirely. Posting in the wrong world chat is controllable. Those other issues are not. I'd help define what metaphors are and what purpose they serve, but I know you're just playing dumb just to keep the argument going as long as possible. Have a Snickers, Mike.

These complaints are not being made with the illusion that anyone is paying attention to them. The only complaints that are being made with the design of support reading them are made in tickets submitted to support. Anything else is just venting. Let people vent about things. If I want to complain about how many guys named "Dikembe" I see in international scouting, you don't have to jump in as the Priority Police and go "BUT WHEN WILL THEY FIX BIGGER ISSUES?".
3/2/2018 2:38 PM
LOL. If you'd STFU, no one would be arguing. This thread would have died yesterday. Ironic that you claim I'm perpetuating the argument.
3/2/2018 2:42 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Posting in wrong chat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.