Posting in wrong chat Topic

Posted by MonsterTurtl on 2/28/2018 6:05:00 PM (view original):
I’m no coder, but it seems like it would be an easy fix that would make people happier and able to communicate more.

Other projects would take days, weeks, months. This would presumably take like an hour or so. If they were to make a small change like this I would actually be confident in them making good fixes to other things, instead of the usual “we are working on it” bs.
I'll wait for a programmer to determine if it's an easy fix. Neither of us know but only one of us will commit to "seems like it would be an easy fix".

Even if it would only take an hour or so, I'd rather they spend that hour on something I can't "fix" myself.
2/28/2018 9:01 PM
It's definitely not a priority, like the champions page, but should be fixed.

2/28/2018 11:53 PM
agree with turtle and gdog.

if were not interacting with our opponents on a regular basis, we might as well just be playing vs an AI on our computer.
encouraging chatter among opponents is sooooo important to this game and this glitch hurts that.

I might argue that the chatter is more important than the game itself!
3/1/2018 6:22 AM
Posted by oldave on 3/1/2018 6:22:00 AM (view original):
agree with turtle and gdog.

if were not interacting with our opponents on a regular basis, we might as well just be playing vs an AI on our computer.
encouraging chatter among opponents is sooooo important to this game and this glitch hurts that.

I might argue that the chatter is more important than the game itself!
Mike agrees with this also... 58,000 times and counting!

Just kidding.... I agree with this also. But i like to talk more than probably most people here. My site mails to coaches end up the being the length of a book sometimes. Communication is a key element to the fun
3/1/2018 6:46 AM
Let's not pretend it's virtually impossible to even post in the world chat let alone the right world chat.
3/1/2018 6:46 AM
Let's not pretend there's nearly as much chatter in conferences now as there used to be-- even conferences that managed to keep most of their coaches.
3/1/2018 9:12 AM
That's a you problem. I post plenty in my populated world.
3/1/2018 9:19 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Of all the things to fix, this is the worst suggestion I've seen . You can do one of two things to "fix" it:
1. Be more careful. It's not a real time conversation. Take your time.
2. Say "My bad. Wrong chat" and move on.
This is one of those "Mike being a dick unnecessarily to pick a fight" posts. Slow day in the forums.

Yeah, it seems like it'd be an easy fix, especially considering the fact that it worked as intended in the past. I've had a few times where I almost accidentally posted on the wrong world chat and gotten a little frustrated. Hopefully it's on the list (albeit lower than other priorities).
3/1/2018 5:23 PM
chatter is down because

1. its less intuitive and easy to post a quick note
2. conference $$ is gone, so there is less of a shared interest in success in broad terms
3. population is down

3/1/2018 5:55 PM
Posted by mbriese on 3/1/2018 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Of all the things to fix, this is the worst suggestion I've seen . You can do one of two things to "fix" it:
1. Be more careful. It's not a real time conversation. Take your time.
2. Say "My bad. Wrong chat" and move on.
This is one of those "Mike being a dick unnecessarily to pick a fight" posts. Slow day in the forums.

Yeah, it seems like it'd be an easy fix, especially considering the fact that it worked as intended in the past. I've had a few times where I almost accidentally posted on the wrong world chat and gotten a little frustrated. Hopefully it's on the list (albeit lower than other priorities).
This is one of those "mbriese is being a dick without any knowledge of the situation." He does that from time to time.

The world chat works fine. Is it 2.0? No idea as I didn't play then. But anyone with a functional brain can figure it out and NOT post in the wrong world. As I said, it's not a real time conversation. Slow down. If you can't slow down to do it right then you don't have time to be screwing around in the forums. Get back to work or whatever you do.
3/1/2018 6:01 PM
It is of course possible to avoid posting in the wrong world or wrong conference

Having not done 2.0, you are not in a position to confirm or deny that conference chat was easier and more intuitive then.

And of course it isnt a big deal - surprising that folks who run a site like this would not want to do anything easy to build community - which tends to be important to enjoyment/involvement for users and success for such sites.

But its not core.
3/1/2018 6:15 PM
I'm not saying 2.0 wasn't better/easier/whatever people long for. I'm saying 3.0 chat is not mind-numbingly hard. On the list of things that could use some attention, it's not even a blip on the radar. We don't know if it's an easy fix or a painstakingly difficult one. But, if it's more than a couple of keystrokes, do something else.

That said, anyone griping doesn't understand that SportsHub bought a contact list. Upgrades here will either not come or come at a snail's pace. And, if/when they do, please don't let it be a bullshit update like "We changed the format for world chat!!!" because the next update might be years down the road.
3/1/2018 6:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2018 6:27:00 PM (view original):
I'm not saying 2.0 wasn't better/easier/whatever people long for. I'm saying 3.0 chat is not mind-numbingly hard. On the list of things that could use some attention, it's not even a blip on the radar. We don't know if it's an easy fix or a painstakingly difficult one. But, if it's more than a couple of keystrokes, do something else.

That said, anyone griping doesn't understand that SportsHub bought a contact list. Upgrades here will either not come or come at a snail's pace. And, if/when they do, please don't let it be a bullshit update like "We changed the format for world chat!!!" because the next update might be years down the road.
It shouldn't be more than a couple of keystrokes to change how the View All Chat button directs you. A button that says view all chat under one particular chat board but takes you to a different chat board is a design error. It's like an online menu that shows a few items from a dinner menu and has a "view more" button at the bottom that when you click it takes you to the breakfast menu. Personally, I think that fixing errors (e.g., champions page, FAQ with outdated info, etc.) are top priority items, as refusing to make such fixes is the ultimate sign that the company doesn't care about maintaining the product, which, unfortunately, appears to be the case even after the acquisition.

Choosing to remove the ability to actually post on the standings page was a design choice, though a dumb one.

Not sure why I'm even posting on this as the impact, as Mike says, is relatively minor. Possibly it's the fact that I've only won one game in the last 40 days and it's starting to drive me a bit batty.
3/1/2018 7:01 PM
Are you speculating or do you design programs for a living?
3/1/2018 7:06 PM
At this point in time anything in HD that isn’t a “showstopper” is low priority to them. I’m hoping Sportshub has made updates to the other games on here, otherwise I don’t have much hope of getting any sort of updates in the distant future.
3/1/2018 7:12 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Posting in wrong chat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.