Player card buttons Topic

OK I used to know this but can't find the info anywhere - what do the green yellow and red "buttons" on the player card do?
2/28/2018 6:31 PM
Just a tool to help you identify whatever you want to use them for.

I, personally, use them for ranking prospects likelihood of reaching the BL.

GRN = Very likely will be a future BL player.
YEL = Potential but likely a AAAA type.
RED = I use for DITR so I can identify them without having to look at the card.
2/28/2018 6:41 PM
Haha. I've always wondered the same thing.
2/28/2018 7:34 PM
Furthermore, I have seen some users (myself included at random times) use the sticky notes as a feature to not actually add a note, but denote a certain type of player, allowing for 4 classes of designation.
2/28/2018 10:42 PM
It's asinine that these notes and colors stick with the player after you trade them. Remember to take out your "This guy sucks dump him" notes folks!
3/1/2018 10:51 AM
The colors do not remain with traded players.
3/1/2018 10:53 AM
They remain with *you*, though, and you can't change them after they've left your franchise.
3/1/2018 10:54 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the other owners can't see your dots, but you see them... "what, that guy's still playing?"

3/1/2018 10:57 AM
I didn't start using them until recently but have found them very helpful, particularly during spring training and around the Rule 5 draft.
3/1/2018 5:56 PM
I wish they would add at least 3 more colors. I would have several uses for more.

I use the red dots to designate which guys I think are garbage and want to drop at end of season. That way I don't have to go through every guy again to who is worth keeping or not in the minors.
3/2/2018 10:28 AM
Posted by Seventy_77 on 3/2/2018 10:28:00 AM (view original):
I wish they would add at least 3 more colors. I would have several uses for more.

I use the red dots to designate which guys I think are garbage and want to drop at end of season. That way I don't have to go through every guy again to who is worth keeping or not in the minors.
You could use no color as designation also.
3/2/2018 1:34 PM
Player card buttons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.