1530 HOMER wants you!!! Needs 6 owners Topic

Franchise available of the day:

Honolulu in the AL West -
They have a great team, not sure how they finished with the 2nd to worst record, but that gives them the 2nd pick in the draft. Last season, they had the fourth pick, and got the guy I thought would go #2. He is a solid pitcher, 19, and about to be promoted to Low A.

The ML squad has a great left side of the infield, a CF who is really good, arguably the best closer in the league, and Martinez is a great #1 starter. The team has three decent other SP, but could really use another ace at the top of the rotation. There is also a power hitting catcher who looks pretty solid.

There are 2-3 young bats in AAA, one in AA and a Low A pitcher that will be a stud in 3 seasons.

All in all, there is a great base, I feel like a stud SP and a couple of other pieces could make this team a contender, and there are a lot of good young players (and future picks). I personally like this team a lot, and think it would be a great team for you to take over.
4/16/2018 3:09 PM
Today's franchise profiie ->

Boston Red Sox of the NL East -
2B Joe Roberts is like a super stud. but here is the issue, the team has 4-5 stud infielders, but none should play SS. They need to move 1 or two to the outfield, and sign a SS. This team would be a strong lineup with great defense if they could do that.

Pitchers - Ubaldo is a stud at the top of the rotation, and they you have 2 really good #3 pitchers. You need a second ace, and then you have 2-3 guys to fight out that fifth starter role. Cairo is great at the back end of the bullpen, but you need some more mid inning eaters. Not too difficult to find.

I see two not great contracts (Beckett and Posada), but both are up this season. So this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Ubaldo has a great contract, there are a few other good ones as well.

Boston picked four last year, Gene Dent... He looks ok, but I can't get his future projections right now. Pinky Long is in AAA, and looks like he could be an awesome set up man next season.
4/17/2018 11:18 AM
4/22/2018 4:21 PM
lets get going! we need a couple, but it is a great drama free world, and this gives you choices, not like those worlds that only need 1 owner, you are stuck with that team no one wanted!!!
4/24/2018 2:02 PM
down to 5 owners.
5/1/2018 8:59 PM
◂ Prev 12
1530 HOMER wants you!!! Needs 6 owners Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.