I have a coach who I hired to be my bench coach last season. He is willing to return as bench coach this season, but I'd prefer to have him as a fielding instructor. He has been a FI in the past. If he's willing to return in one role (BC), will I have the option to select another (FI), and will be still re-sign in that role?
3/2/2018 9:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks. This guy is a 79 strategy (yellow) and 80 fielding.
3/3/2018 8:40 AM
I am pretty sure you can hire guys for a higher-level spot (i.e. rehire Triple-A pitching coach to be a major-league bullpen or pitching coach). Not sure how FI fits into the hierarchy, though. They cannot be rehired at a lower level.
3/7/2018 10:05 PM
My biggest beef with coach hiring is that you have to do it every season. How many managers are on one year contracts?
Almost all coaches contracts have TEAM options. Sure, some guys get fired. Some DO leave for promotions. But, I'm guessing the average turnover in HBD is in excess of fifty percent of an organizations coaches each season. We should be able to sign managers and coaches to multiple year contracts.
3/19/2018 3:27 AM
Disagree. All MLB coaches may have opt out clauses, but 99% of them understand they've been gifted an amazing opportunity to do nothing real for a living and they happily stay wherever they are. I'd like to see a unilateral option to rehire anyone you want.

3/19/2018 4:53 PM
I don't think coach hiring is worth getting excited about. I'd rather see them overhaul the IFA market if they are willing to do anything.
3/19/2018 7:56 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.