Would you rather build up your own team from scratch or take over someone’s successful team and build from there?

Votes: 32
(Last vote received: 3/6/2018 12:32 PM)
3/3/2018 8:01 AM
It somewhat depends on the level. If it’s D1, absolutely rather start from scratch with a rebuild.
3/3/2018 8:19 AM
I preferred to build from scratch and did on all my teams prior to 3.0. But now, it's one or two seasons more so..
3/3/2018 8:24 AM
I like building my own team, but I don’t mind starting with another person’s players. So my answer is yes.
3/3/2018 8:41 AM
Both. Either.
3/3/2018 11:08 AM
Start strong at lower divisions to avoid spending $50+ on a stepping stone gig.

Starting from scratch is less frustrating in D1.
3/3/2018 11:32 AM
I prefer to pick up a team I can succeed with because I don’t want to waste money on seasons that I won’t win. Sometimes that’s not an option, and I’m perfectly fine taking a rebuild, but it’s not ideal. Also, losing sucks!
3/3/2018 3:28 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 3/3/2018 11:32:00 AM (view original):
Start strong at lower divisions to avoid spending $50+ on a stepping stone gig.

Starting from scratch is less frustrating in D1.
This
3/3/2018 4:07 PM
I prefer complete rebuilds. For me, i have to start from scratch. In most cases, i have changed the sets too. I have 3 teams now, and i wanted to tamper with every set (the only one i don't have is a Fastbreak team. But I'm on my way to picking up a 4th and I'll change to Fastbreak with them).

I've just begun all this like a month ago real time. Except for one team, which is now competing. And yes it's "expensive" to rebuild, but i don't call it a waste of time. I enjoy it step by step.

The MAIN reason i rebuild, I've signed up for 2 good teams since I returned. And i quit them both after that 1st season. One, i was the #2 team most of the season, got a 1 seed in the NT and made the E8 (losing in OT in that game, errrrrr). BUT....

I had absolutely NO connection to that team. I made adjustments every night, but had i not, i wouldn't have cared. Winning in that manner was extremely boring to me, because i didn't build it.

I can tell you every thing about every player on every team i have, by memory. Even most of the guys that have graduated from my rebuilds. But the team's i took over that were already good, i can't remember even 1 players name. And maybe I'm different, but that kind of thing matters to me. It's just more fun for me.
3/3/2018 9:04 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/3/2018 9:04:00 PM (view original):
I prefer complete rebuilds. For me, i have to start from scratch. In most cases, i have changed the sets too. I have 3 teams now, and i wanted to tamper with every set (the only one i don't have is a Fastbreak team. But I'm on my way to picking up a 4th and I'll change to Fastbreak with them).

I've just begun all this like a month ago real time. Except for one team, which is now competing. And yes it's "expensive" to rebuild, but i don't call it a waste of time. I enjoy it step by step.

The MAIN reason i rebuild, I've signed up for 2 good teams since I returned. And i quit them both after that 1st season. One, i was the #2 team most of the season, got a 1 seed in the NT and made the E8 (losing in OT in that game, errrrrr). BUT....

I had absolutely NO connection to that team. I made adjustments every night, but had i not, i wouldn't have cared. Winning in that manner was extremely boring to me, because i didn't build it.

I can tell you every thing about every player on every team i have, by memory. Even most of the guys that have graduated from my rebuilds. But the team's i took over that were already good, i can't remember even 1 players name. And maybe I'm different, but that kind of thing matters to me. It's just more fun for me.
I agree with literally everything you said.
3/3/2018 9:16 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.