Double Teaming two players Topic

I rarely double team two players, but I am wondering if I may be missing a good strategy in some cases. The exception would be if there are two players that have an offensive percentage way above the rest of the team, and neither is exceptional at BH or P. I just wanted to see what some of you think on this topic.
3/6/2018 8:38 AM
I've done it. I don't recall ever thinking "that's what won the game for me!".

I frequently double the best player and then hit "double if leading scorer" on one or more others. I do that a lot on teams with only one 3 point shooter so I can play the minus defense.
3/6/2018 8:41 AM
I do it a lot when there's a primary scorer in the starting 5 and then another primary scorer on the bench, but I've never doubled 2 players in the starting 5 before. I'd also be interested to hear if someone has been successful doing this.
3/6/2018 11:28 AM
Ive been VERY VERY successful while doing this.
3/6/2018 11:35 AM
I do it, I’m not very successful, but I haven’t pointed to it as the reason why I lost. I do it when they have two guys who score all of their points and if I shut them down they can’t score.
3/6/2018 12:33 PM
For me, I've had more success double teaming in a zone compared to man to man.

I've also found you need a strong defensive team in order for the double team to work efficiently, otherwise it's counter productive.
3/6/2018 1:17 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 3/6/2018 12:33:00 PM (view original):
I do it, I’m not very successful, but I haven’t pointed to it as the reason why I lost. I do it when they have two guys who score all of their points and if I shut them down they can’t score.
Yeah, that's when I do it. If you have a team where two guys take 50+ % of the shots it's a sound plan, IMO.
3/6/2018 1:26 PM
I have been successful in doubling up to 3 players. It really depends but I generally stick with 1 or 2 max. I have not yet played around with the leading scorer doubling, I worry about using that because I don't want them to get hot or score a bunch prior to me doubling them. Basically, lets say they are the second leading scorer and then the other guys become the first and then it goes back and forth and each time they score when they are not doubled or they create a scoring chance because the other guy is doubled and they go back and forth. That is my biggest worry utilizing the leading scorer option.
3/6/2018 1:30 PM
If you double more than 2 players on the court at the same time it turns off.
3/6/2018 1:35 PM
It's possible to double team 3 players, just have to be careful with it and make sure all 3 guys aren't on the court at once. Check your opponents pbp from previous games.
3/6/2018 1:38 PM
Do you guys always double at least one person? I've gone back and forth with my philosophy on this.
3/6/2018 4:32 PM
I normally don’t when I am the better team. If I am an underdog, I am way more likely
3/6/2018 4:38 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/6/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
I normally don’t when I am the better team. If I am an underdog, I am way more likely
I like what you said about doubling the best scorer "Always" and then someone else "If leading scorer." I normally do that.
3/6/2018 4:42 PM
Posted by pallas on 3/6/2018 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Do you guys always double at least one person? I've gone back and forth with my philosophy on this.
Doubling is the best part of running man.
3/6/2018 10:17 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 3/6/2018 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pallas on 3/6/2018 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Doubling is the best part of running man.
I thought the best part of a man was, well, you know..
3/6/2018 10:53 PM
12 Next ▸
Double Teaming two players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.