New Theme World...Need 1 or 2 Owners Topic

Posted by shobob on 3/14/2018 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by iain on 3/14/2018 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 3/14/2018 9:09:00 AM (view original):
I think it is worth a try, but I highly doubt that admin will give us a brand new world for this. Any progress on getting an existing one?
The old DTW is still there.
What do you mean I don't "see" it
Its listed as an active world in rollover. When you click on it says it has 32 openings.
3/14/2018 3:56 PM
That ^
3/14/2018 5:14 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 3/14/2018 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tmfran on 3/14/2018 5:57:00 AM (view original):
My 2 cents

1) There will need to be 2 initial drafts. The first will be franchise selection. This will be important for that first season because the draft order will already be in place. Because I doubt admin will allow us to create a brand new world, most likely will we have to take over one of the dead or dying worlds. If they approve this at all. The 2nd draft would be the player draft. I suggestion finding a message board some where to use for the drafts.

2) If we plan on having a player draft every 3 seasons then there some be a cap as to how many players each franchise could lose. Also I think it would be reasonable to allow a team to protect one ML player and one minor leaguer.
This draft also poses a problem because we cant pause the world once it rolls, so when do we draft? Maybe during the playoffs the previous season?
I have suggested live draft via Webex or some other similar software.
If you can't make the draft, send a list o' players with someone attending.

I think I may have found the perfect solution: draftthemeworld.freeforums.net

The above link is to a message board site that allows you to include a Live Chat feature on your forum...this way we could set a date/time for the draft(s) and all those who can participate live via the chat feature, and those who are unable to attend the live chat post their preferences in the forum.

IN HIGHLY RELATED NEWS: WE NOW HAVE A WORLD TO WORK WITH...shobob has joined the defunct DTW and submitted a ticket to CS to make it private, so we have made significant progress in the last 24 hours. Seven more owners to enlist and we can get rolling!
3/15/2018 12:21 PM (edited)
I have just submitted a ticket to CS referencing this thread and asking them to generate a world from scratch for this theme. I will update this post with any news from them when I hear anything, although based on their estimation of 2 business days it may be Monday before I get a response.

****EDIT (3/16 PM2 Cycle): I have just gotten confirmation from CS that they will not generate a new world, so the Draft Tournament World probably is our best option at this point****
3/16/2018 6:35 PM (edited)
It's pretty much like a fresh world anyway
3/16/2018 11:45 PM
In my ticket asking for them to make it private they came back with a query asking what the plan was. I have responded, but they have not yet confirmed that they will do this.

Having said that, the main page says that I am the commissioner
3/17/2018 8:13 PM
Where did the world go?
3/18/2018 6:25 PM
I'm in it, and so is thewheaties. It still exists, but I notice that it's off the "active worlds" list. I have a ticket running with admin, trying to get this world to be functionable. Right now, they say that I'm the commish, and that's what it says in the world's homepage, but when I click the "invite owners" link, it takes me to the world center, not the invite page. I don't have a password to work with yet, either. In short, I'm working on it.
3/18/2018 10:02 PM
Posted by iain on 3/18/2018 6:25:00 PM (view original):
Where did the world go?
Look down
3/18/2018 10:43 PM
Not sure I completely understand all of what you are talking about in the above posts, but I am interested in finding out more.
3/20/2018 9:53 PM
I posted the franchise list here
3/22/2018 8:36 PM
Added waiver priority/draft position to franchise list
3/24/2018 3:54 PM
Can anyone think of any other details I could mine up and post?
3/25/2018 12:03 AM
It's a bit labour intensive but I am getting the ML payrolls up there too.
3/25/2018 3:49 PM
DTW is back on the active worlds list.
3/26/2018 7:26 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
New Theme World...Need 1 or 2 Owners Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.