why wouldn’t you keep your change tempo at anytime?
3/7/2018 4:43 PM
Lots of reasons.
8/28/2018 1:54 PM
1. To me, Normal is best 90% of the time.

2. I trust myself more than the system.
8/28/2018 3:32 PM
Generally speaking, if I have a much better team I uptempo.

i also uptempo if I think I can get the other team in foul trouble and they have a ****** bench.

i slow down if I down want my bench to play much
8/28/2018 4:48 PM
Because I don't want the Sim to shift me into a faster tempo against a superior opponent earlier than I want to be there. Because I don't want shifted into slowdown against a team with an amazing front 5 that I build a big lead against by exploiting the superiority of my bench.

I let the AI shift my positioning if I'm down by 5 or more, but I have had the change tempo switch set to never for probably 100+ seasons now.
8/28/2018 4:59 PM
Like pallas, I don't trust the halftime logic (system.) Unlike pallas, I play slowdown a majority of the time. Then again, I play a lot of zone, which I think works best in slowdown mode.
8/28/2018 5:27 PM
I usually leave it "anytime" regardless of my original tempo selection. Really the only thing I ever do is switch it to "never" when I'm trying to blow somebody out or run up my stats. Can't have your team turtle up with 10 minutes to go if you're trying to run someone out the gym! And I usually only do this to sims...usually haha.
8/30/2018 6:17 PM
What factors does the sim use to switch your tempo? Seriously, I have no clue and thats why Ive never used it....maybe if I understood it better I'd be inclined to try it.

I mean, do they switch the tempo at halftime similar to the defense? Do they switch it mid 2nd half? After you're down or up by a certain number of points?
8/30/2018 6:45 PM
I don't have any concrete numbers and can offer only guesses to this. But in my experience, the game is pretty hesitant to change your tempo when the selection is "anytime." I vary my tempo all the time from game to game and season to season but rarely do I see a change at halftime. I think you need to be crushing someone in the second half for the game to slow you down. I would bet it's a sliding scale but it seems like being up by about 20+ with around 10 minutes to go is the sweet spot for a change to occur. Completely rough estimates but I would say maybe being up 40 at halftime, 30 with 15 mins left, 20 with 10 mins left etc. Likewise with speeding your tempo up.

For more control the "If Winning/Losing" options could be used but I've only used those a handful of times. Usually the tempo I choose was chosen for a reason. But obviously if anyone else has a better grasp of this or more concrete numbers that would be pretty interesting to learn.
8/30/2018 7:06 PM
I have mine set usually to change at halftime if I am losing by x amount of points, because I figure at that point what I planned sucks and the SIM will do better. But ideally I like to get my team to a point where I can run uptempo all the time all game, as I typically run 12 deep and want to develop my bench.
8/30/2018 7:18 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.