Re-signing a free agent Topic

My World just scheduled. I have a player with 89 patience who was willing to re-sign at $6.5M x 2 years before we rolled. Tomorrow is budget day, and on his re-sign page, his demands have changed to $6M x 4 years, but in the comment box he says: "Let's be honest, I'll play for whoever shows me the money." Will this guy still be willing to re-sign when that window opens in two days?

3/7/2018 7:41 PM
In Gleeman2, I lost 2 pitchers to the market when the world rolled saying the same thing. Lesson learned. Next time I'm resigning guys I really like during the previous season. Someone said it's a Type-A thing, those guys will always hit the market if not locked up when able during the previous season.
3/7/2018 8:46 PM
At least he isn't saying that he is going to test free agency, which would be the kiss of death.
3/7/2018 9:56 PM
Somehow, this guy turned out to by a Type B free agent, so it's not that.
3/8/2018 6:56 AM
If the player is in his prime and you definitely know you are going to want him on the team next season, I think it more prudent to sign him at the end of the current season than risk his Boras-wannabe agent whispering in his ear during the offseason. If the player is an aging vet who's attributes have begun slipping, or you anticipate some slippage, then risk the new season change of heart.

I also like making my MiL promotions at the end of the season (i.e. at roster expansion), than the start of the new season.
3/8/2018 10:41 AM
Show him the money
3/9/2018 11:10 AM
Re-signing a free agent Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.