If I have a guy projected to be out for 80 days, do I get a second “injury recovery boost” if I put him on the 60-day DL twice? I can afford to wait but I’m also not sure if it’s a waste to let him sit around on the DL for 40 days uninjured when I could just put him on the 15-day and have him back sooner.
3/8/2018 9:01 AM
I think you're assuming you have to do something with him again at 60 days, but if it's an 80 day injury he'll stay on the 60 till 80 days. At that point you can leave him on the 60 if you don't need him back.

3/8/2018 10:32 AM
Oh okay that makes sense. Do you tend to get a better recovery the longer you leave him there? I lost two pitchers to big injuries that I just signed to $13 mil/year long term deals so I want to try to recover as much as possible. I have $14 in medical.
3/8/2018 12:16 PM
I'm not 100% certain about this, but with 14 medical I think you'll have to be happy if their 60-day stints get them back to pre-injury ratings. I don't think 14 mil gets you anything "extra". I run 20 mil on both my teams, almost always get them back to pre-injury, and if I leave them on the DL past 60 days and wait long enough that's when you can get the extra bump. But you kinda need 20 mil to do it.

I’d be interested to hear if any owners have gotten “injury bug” bumps with less than 20 medical.

3/8/2018 12:29 PM
I had 14m with a new team last season. Yes, if you get two recovery cycles, you'll get back to pre-injury. I think I had a young player actually gain 1 point with 2 RC but, again, he was still developing so I think "pre-injury" is what you should hope for with 14m. With 18m, I got back to pre-injury after 1 RC. So I should get a better player with the 2nd RC.
3/8/2018 1:16 PM
I think what he's asking is can you game the system by putting him on the 60-day DL, get two bumps, take him off the 60-day when he's eligible, then put him back on the 60-day because he's still injured in order to get two more. I don't think so, but you could try and let us know. It would probably have to be at the very beginning of the season to give it enough time for four intervals
3/9/2018 9:21 AM
I'm pretty sure that a player with an 80 day injury will get to 60 days and you'll get a message that he's progressing but he still has a way to go. His DL marker will stay red and you won't be able to take him off the DL till he gets to 80.

3/9/2018 10:00 AM
You cannot remove injured players from the DL.
3/9/2018 12:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/9/2018 12:17:00 PM (view original):
You cannot remove injured players from the DL.
I have removed injured players from the DL. If I want to DL another player, and the currently DL'd player (a) has served his time and (b) is very close to ready and (c) is someone I can live without for the remaining couple of days of his injury, I swap the 2 players on and off the DL. Obviously, you can't play the injured player; the red-and-white injury cross comes up next to his name until he's healthy.

It is possible that you can only do this from the 15-day (can't remember doing this with the 60-day) and you also might have to be within a certain number of days of being healthy. But it can be done.
3/9/2018 12:58 PM
It can't be done with the 60. I seldom use the 15 so I won't disagree.
3/9/2018 1:02 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.