Thinking about a return Topic

I have been away for a while. I got frustrated trying to learn the new recruiting system and didn't have the time to invest in learning a new game and my teams were struggling and I was worn out with the job logic - I could never get a good d1 job so I spent years in low level d1 or mid majors I would go to tourney every year but could never get a better job.

A few ?'s:
1) - How has the new recruiting system worked out? How hard is it to learn? How realistic is it?
2) - Has job logic ever been adjusted? Does it still take like 5-7 good years at one team to get a bigger job?
3) - Anything else I should know?

Thanks everyone!

3/8/2018 3:51 PM
It’s not that hard to learn the recruiting system, after one or two sessions you should be fine. It might take a while to learn all of the little nuances that aren’t that important.

I don’t jobs have been changed, but it is a lot easier to succeed at mid major and low D1 programs, a couple low D1 teams have won championships.

The games still good, but some of the things that you or I used to enjoy aren’t there.
3/8/2018 4:07 PM
I agree with Monster -- it's still a good game.

I actually prefer the new system to the old one. It's not perfect, and losing battles when you're favored sucks, but I do think it's more comparable to real life situations. As far as a learning curve, it's not as great as you would think. Once you have the hang of it, it's easy to understand. And there are a lot of coaches here who have good strategies and are willing to help.

The job process is the same. I went from low-DI to a down Purdue team after two NTs, so it really depends on the current state of the job you're hoping to get.

I would give it a try.
3/8/2018 5:45 PM
I see you used to coach at my Mount St. Mary’s team in Knight a good 65 seasons before I got there lol come on back to the NEC! I agree with MTurtle...the recuiting system can be picked up quickly and you can succeed at lower level schools. I plan on eventually making the leap to a higher baseline team, but I’m really enjoying things at MSM for now.
3/8/2018 7:58 PM
2) - Has job logic ever been adjusted? Does it still take like 5-7 good years at one team to get a bigger job?

On this, it depends what you mean. You can have 4 really good years at a lower level school and get a top job if that team has dropped down low enough, but at that point in time, you might conducer it a worse job than you already have. But it would have more potential upside. Hope you come back.
3/8/2018 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone I will give it a shot - What do I need to read to get prepared so I don't waste a recruiting cycle my first year trying to figure it out.
3/9/2018 2:32 PM
Apply to Phelan now. You get 2nd session recruiting. It will be tough but you could get two to three players if you plan carefully
3/9/2018 2:36 PM
Great to have you on board.

Read the guide at the top of the home page.

As to whether it's realistic... that depends. If you think a real life kid would choose to go to a D3 school versus having a guaranteed starting spot at a Big Ten school then yes, it's realistic.
3/9/2018 2:38 PM
Posted by kybucki on 3/9/2018 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Thanks everyone I will give it a shot - What do I need to read to get prepared so I don't waste a recruiting cycle my first year trying to figure it out.
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=495608

Be especially aware of the distinction between recruiting and scouting (new in 3.0) and the great importance of Preferences. Good luck!
3/9/2018 2:44 PM
Thinking about a return Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.