Posted by thewizard17 on 3/11/2018 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 3/11/2018 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/11/2018 11:09:00 AM (view original):
Player wants to play far from home, wants success, and wants strong defense.
There isn't a comma between wants to play and far from home, meaning "player wants to play far from home" is one clause.
Ah! Got confused there! In that case, I'll go 54-46 Team B
Understandable. Poor wording on my part.
3/11/2018 2:59 PM
A 55-45. B gets lots of mileage from the heavy swing on the distance pref, more AP effort, more minutes. But the visits multiplied by prestige give A a huge advantage out of the chute.
3/11/2018 4:10 PM (edited)
Final signing odds surprised both coaches a little, I think.
Team A: 35%
Team B: 65%

Biggest single factor was likely the distance preference. I think this example supports the notion that distance is weighted more than other preferences, except maybe success/rebuild.

Prioritization was also a factor, with team B outspending team A 46-20 in AP per cycle. Also a 25% difference in promised minutes, not insignificant as a stand alone factor, though probably not a real difference maker for a player without the playing time preference.
3/11/2018 5:03 PM
I was definitely surprised. I felt like the success we had would probably outweigh the distance disadvantage, and felt like he might not be able to spend the money necessary to max out. I agree that distance is a big factor. I know this from my Hawaii teams. If a player on the mainland wants Far From Home, it's a big deal. But to max out on a mainland player it also costs $21,750, so I have to rely on a lot of AP as well.
3/11/2018 11:20 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.