Alphabet Soup.FULL! U were too slow Topic

Variety from the usual $100m league is needed, SO:

Here's the deal:

Draft 12 forwards.. Each one of these guys has to have his last name start with a different letter

Defencemen, Goalies, and those 2 or 3 spare skaters are exempt from the Alphabet rule.. UNLESS one of the under 500g is your 12th forward

Your 2 or 3 spare skaters must be under $500,000. Your third Goalie can be anything $$$

Some of the guys have missed stuff with this so far, SO

Easiest way to do this is to draft your spares first.. and THEN

Once you have your roster.. just go down the 12 regular forwards.. checking to see if any have the same first letter in their last names. Say you are halfway down the roster.. you know the ones above are good, because you would have seen it.. 2 minutes, guys.. maybe three if it's a Saturday night. Finally, make sure your spare skaters are under 500g.

No clones

That's all you gotta remember

Blacklist: You won't find:
  • Defencemen over D rate 82.
  • Goalies over $4 million
  • Duggan
Description
  1. Maximum out = 4
  2. No shootout
  3. No WW
  4. No trades
  5. Average ML
Please sign here if you are IN.

This is NOT a rule, but...... Let's pick a team name that is a music/rock group from the early 80's back to WW2 era?? Song names are good, too

Eg: My teams are named Double Double, and Mister Mister

First one in gets a Root Beer Float

OH YEAH: I almost forgot LEAGUE NUMBER 32602

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here is the update:

Twelve forwards have to comply with the alphabet rule.. if you only draft 13 forwards, then only one spare F is exempt
and if you play that spare (for eg Langlois) for all 82 games, no problem.. provided you have 12 who fit that bill

So if you have for eg: mega bux Lemieux and Langlois (your 12th F), and Helman, then Langlois can be your spare. If you have 13f.
If you have 14f, then say that's Woit 67.. then langlois and Helman can be called spares... This is because you have 12 forwards who comply with the alphabet rule. You can have a 15th forward too.. under 500g and that can be Mutt, Jeff, Tiger Williams, Woit, or Harriet. As long as you have 12 compliant forwards

I hope this clears up any confusion... if not, site mail me and I will do what I can to sort it out... Almost always, site mails are answered within a half a day
4/15/2018 3:57 AM (edited)
Interesting. I'll get it started
3/12/2018 2:40 PM
MEATLOAFS-HAVE STARTED- LEGENDEJK
3/12/2018 4:18 PM
Anyone else?
3/14/2018 4:35 AM
I'm in. The Stranglers.
3/15/2018 9:39 AM
Awesome.. Glad to have ya
3/16/2018 1:14 AM
I'm in with a team for you to check. Should be good to go...with a few hundred bucks to spare!

I may introduce a second team...if you're willing to have them!
3/16/2018 12:27 PM (edited)
I've added "The Who" regardless! Let me know if it's ok!
3/16/2018 9:45 PM
Guys, when making this league.. when your forwards are drafted.. (Best to do them first) Just start at the top of the list with that guy's first letter last name, and go down the list looking for duplicate.. by the time you are at the 10th forward.. you are done, as any letters above that are all good
3/18/2018 8:44 AM (edited)
I'm in
3/19/2018 3:04 PM
Awesome!!
3/21/2018 11:52 PM
Sounds fun Glen! Was going to use one of my favorite bands, but will go with a one hit wonder (that i'm aware of anyway), Ides Of March. I'll cook something up this weekend!
3/29/2018 1:21 PM
Posted by Chris_PBacon on 3/29/2018 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Sounds fun Glen! Was going to use one of my favorite bands, but will go with a one hit wonder (that i'm aware of anyway), Ides Of March. I'll cook something up this weekend!
'I'm your Vehicle baby, take you anywhere you wanna go' ............ but those guys had lots of good stuff. so maybe not one hit wonders. Montego Bay is one though. I think Vanity Fair 'Hitchin' a ride might also be.. but I haven't made a study of 70's music, just enjoy a lot of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_i7PKdQJU4 (Green Eyed Lady)

Here's Vanity Fair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIwnAs4iwaE

3/29/2018 3:54 PM (edited)
70's (and 60's) music kept me sane (somewhat) going thru high school in the 80's. Couldn't deal with Phil Collins etc, and you can only listen to so much Iron Maiden and Metallica. Been a big fan of both Hitchin a Ride and Green-Eyed Lady since then, thanks for the links! Was born in '70...sure was a good year for music!
3/29/2018 4:54 PM
Gotta say this'll be a lot better than having the Muppet Show theme or Sunshine and Lollipops stuck in my head for weeks on end LOL!!
3/29/2018 5:08 PM
123 Next ▸
Alphabet Soup.FULL! U were too slow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.