ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Please post all completed trades here with Round# & slot#
All trades will be reviewed and any owner commentary or criticism
is welcome,
The Commissioner reserves the right to veto any trades.
Plus any draft commentary or critique is welcome here.
3/12/2018 1:19 AM
I didn't realize that defending champ doing the evals was a thing... thought it was just a coincidence.
3/12/2018 1:40 PM
Posted by robusk on 3/12/2018 1:40:00 PM (view original):
I didn't realize that defending champ doing the evals was a thing... thought it was just a coincidence.
Yeah. cjok is on a cruise b***t**d and won't have time.
If anyone wants to spread some expertbs and volunteer.
any takers?
Maybe banditone would be willing to be a guest evaler?
3/12/2018 11:18 PM (edited)
I might do some over/unders again, but just don't have time right now for a full eval.
3/12/2018 11:15 PM
I've got way too much going on to do write-ups, but it is pretty little effort for me to post random data on teams.
3/12/2018 11:29 PM
I can do it. Been a while. The downside is I might end up doing it next season, too.
3/12/2018 11:51 PM
3/12/2018 11:52 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/12/2018 11:51:00 PM (view original):
I can do it. Been a while. The downside is I might end up doing it next season, too.
Thank you bds
3/13/2018 11:39 PM
Cjok's brilliance at work. Ahead of the curve on boards, efg, assists and usage.
Was a very fair trade also, maybe the most balanced we have seen in awhile.
3/14/2018 12:29 PM
Started From The Bottom, Now We Here.....

24. uptowngbv - James Harden, Ben Wallace, Clyde Drexler, Marques Johnson - Very nice duo. A surplus of rebounding, passing and 3’s. Can’t complain at all. I predict you may not be able to max out on defense with this squad. Great perimeter trio. Average efficiency, average D. Getting a better picture of this team, I predict average results.

23. ysw128 - Dwyane Wade, Hassan Whiteside, Derek Harper, Tom Boerwinkle - I also like this duo. I maybe don’t like it as much as other duos you could’ve gone with, but I do like it. Harper is a great fit who has been going much earlier recently. Boerwinkle gives you a “St. Elmo’s Fire” vibe (shout out to LTB). I like this team a lot. Obviously you have a lot of rebounds and passing.

22. gerryred - Steve Nash, Artis Gilmore, Jerry Lucas, Gary Payton - Nash is back in the 1st? I can live with that. What I can’t live with is the relatively low usage. I would’ve made sure one of these guys was over 25 Usg% just for security’s sake. I don’t hate this, as long as you keep the turnovers under control. Lucas is nice, but you’ll need efficient usage and passing. D is a bit weak, but not bad. Payton gives you that. I’m starting to come around to this team, but my final verdict probably won’t come until your seventh pick.

21. seapilots - John Stockton, Kevin Garnett, Shawn Kemp, Ray Allen - Nice job working the turn. You now have everything plus great defense. A little scary, but you obviously have some things you still need. Kemp is one of the best options left, although you give up a bit in the possession battle. Ray is another great value pick. I am loving this team.

20. copernicus - Jason Kidd, Tim Duncan, Nikola Jokic, Serge Ibaka - You know there’s someone almost as good who’s going to fall to the third round. I feel like Duncan should’ve fallen. I also don’t know about Kidd when I think of some of the other guys still on the board. Too early to get nervous, but I think you didn’t get a lot of value for your picks here. Jokic is nice; you now have two passing bigs. There are some opportunities here, although teams with below average rebounding are never really elite. I assume you hope a certain guard will fall. Ibaka was necessary, but now I’m worried about your scoring.

19. Midge - Rudy Gobert, Kevin McHale, Larry Nance, Jose Calderon - Very nice. My only question is how your guards will look, but there are some fourth round guys that’ll work if it comes to that. Nice pick, positionally. Nance is the last guy left of his kind. Jose fills a need. I predict you’re going to struggle on the boards which is the struggle with McHale teams.

18. cjok1051 - Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing - I believe you’ll regret this pairing. Not a lot of defense, you miss out on a defensive second point guard, and you don’t have a defensive anchor. Maybe you’ll score a lot of points, but you’ll have to outscore your more balanced opponents. Ewing gives you some D, but you have significant turnover problems and the board lords are gone. This is a good team, but it’s not great yet.

17. pexetera - DeAndre Jordan, Shawn Marion, Julius Erving, Rajon Rondo - not a good start. Very expensive and very little usage. Now you have some usage, but you’re super low on passing and very expensive. Rondo helps with that. I’m starting to like this tram now that someone like Rondo fell to you.

16. superrobb420 - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kawhi Leonard, Bob McAdoo, Walt Frazier - fantastic start in every way. Top 2 duo. Now you have another guy who should’ve gone in the second. Scary, but I believe you’re low on threes and passing. The talent on this team is ridiculous; the D is fantastic. To me, much depends on which season of Kawhi you use.

15. ncoldguy - Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Andrei Kirilenko, Bobby Jones, Roy Hinson - oof, this is really expensive (if you use their top seasons), not that efficient and not that good at passing. You picked two small forwards that are very similar. You’re going to be low on rebounding. Roy Hinson? Wow. Didn’t see that coming.

14. sappy - Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Joakim Noah, Robert Parish - terrific. I assume this means you’re playing KD at SG. Lots of rebounds, passing and threes for everyone. Noah is the best fit you could’ve had. At this point you don’t even need a great passer. This is absolutely a playoff team.

13. milest - Moses Malone, Scottie Pippen, Mark Price, Gerald Wallace - my problem with Moses is that you’re always low on passing with Moses, but we recently talked about the fact that passing isn’t your top priority. Nice start. Price is who I thought you’d pick. Still solid. Wallace is a great fit here. This is a playoff team.

12. pharrop - Larry Bird, Anfernee Hardaway, Bill Russell, Buck Williams - best duo. Efficient, fantastic passing, good enough D. Watch out. Russell makes for a scary trio. Buck is a fantastic fit. This is a playoff team for sure.

11. dh555 - David Robinson, Deron Williams, Karl-Anthony Towns, Andre Iguodala - you would’ve been rolling with Penny. Sometimes the bridesmaid. Not bad though. You’ve committed to two scoring bigs again. Grant and Donyell are gone. Don’t know what you’re going to do next. You’re kind of short on passing now, although you’ve saved yourself on the boards. I like this team. Whether you make the playoffs is up to the field.

10. robusk - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Chauncey Billups, Tyson Chandler, Charlie Ward - nice. probably a top 5 duo. threes and good efficiency. Curious to see which Kareem you will use. Tyson is a great fit here. This team is coming around nicely. You’re OK on boards and efficiency. This is probably an OK team.

9. jcred5 - Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Nicolas Batum - Nice. Solid. Nothing exceptional, but super solid. Lucky fall for you. Drummond gives you the rebounding you need, but you’ll still be at a deficit compared to some of these teams. As long as you get some more shooting and passing, you’ll be in good shape. This is a playoff team.

8. benhoidal - Dwight Howard, Bill Walton, Kyle Lowry, Kyle Korver - and Ben enters the conversation. I don’t think I’ve ever thought about these two together, but Ben now has the best rebounding team with good usage and great efficiency. Ruh roh. Who am I to question Ben? Kyle is a great fit. Easily turning into a top 3 team. This Kyle is also a great fit. Playoffs

7. pointfwd - Shaquille O’Neal, Elton Brand, Mike Conley, Kris Humphries - Solid. I don’t see how you make the most of this, but in theory you have great usage and D. Most likely, you made things difficult for someone else. I was thinking there was an obvious pick here, but you picked Conley. He’s very good. This is a very good start so far. This is a playoff team.

6. 24kpyrite - Michael Jordan, Amar’e Stoudemire, Horace Grant, Nate McMillan- I had these two before. You better have a better plan than I did. Not sure if you do. Need a board lord still, and a defender down low. There might still be one in the fourth. I don’t have a good feeling about this team.

5. mikee1 - Karl Malone, Donyell Marshall, Mookie Blaylock, Andrew Bogut - this is almost exactly the same as a dh team, minus Klay. maybe dh’s Favorite player was the SF? this is a good recipe so far. Bogut is good, but I worry you’ll need more rebounding still. First four out of the playoffs, unless.....

4. jkaye24 - Dennis Rodman, Klay Thompson, Alonzo Mourning, Anthony Mason, Maurice Cheeks - looks great. not one issue with this. you’ll obviously need more passing, but this is fantastic, if a little expensive. Mason is interesting. I think this is a playoff team. For 20 minutes a night this team will struggle to score. Very light passing. Probably not a playoff team

3. bds9992 - Stephen Curry, Terry Porter, Marcus Camby, Carlos Boozer, Cedric Maxwell- I’ll let you guys comment on my team, but I’m liking this so far.

2. twinsfan8791 - Wilt Chamberlain, Kevin Johnson, Brent Barry, Kevin Love, Chris Mullin - two reaches. You can afford them with Wilt, but I saw better fits here. Your defense is not good. Lots of shooting here, but I predict no playoffs.

1. rubnsly - LeBron James, Dikembe Mutombo, Manu Ginobili, Chris Webber, Clifford Ray - Fantastic start. The only question is which season of Mutombo you choose. This is a playoff team; great job waiting on Webber and Ray. Love everything about this team.
3/21/2018 12:56 AM (edited)
you probably want to do some more research
3/15/2018 9:24 AM

7 matches were found
Name Team P Min MPG PPG FG% 3PT% FT% ORPG RPG APG TOPG SPG BPG FPG Def Salary
Jordan, Michael 89-90 Bulls SG 3197 39.0 33.6 52.6 37.6 84.8 1.7 6.9 6.3 3.0 2.8 0.7 2.9 90 $10,318,705
Malone, Karl 96-97 Jazz PF 2998 36.6 27.4 55.0 0.0 75.5 2.4 9.9 4.5 2.8 1.4 0.6 2.6 90 $9,785,356
Jordan, Michael 90-91 Bulls SG 3034 37.0 31.5 53.9 31.2 85.1 1.4 6.0 5.5 2.5 2.7 1.0 2.8 94 $9,610,719
James, LeBron 12-13 Heat SF 2877 37.9 26.8 56.5 40.6 75.3 1.3 8.0 7.3 3.0 1.7 0.9 1.4 90 $9,568,985
Duncan, Tim 06-07 Spurs C 2727 34.1 20.0 54.6 11.1 63.7 2.7 10.6 3.4 2.8 0.8 2.4 2.5 90 $8,298,223

tell me more about this mysterious character that's going to last until the third round
3/15/2018 10:18 AM
Posted by copernicus on 3/15/2018 9:24:00 AM (view original):
you probably want to do some more research
I’m thinking of several people. How long have I been around? A while.
3/15/2018 11:08 AM
go ahead and search 28+ usage, 54+ efg, 90+ defense, 25+ dreb, 12+ as% - less than 4 TO per48 less than 4 PF per48 - I'll wait....

(also remember who you're talking to - a while?)
3/15/2018 11:25 AM
Harden and Wallace- I love this start in the ODL. Very cool.
3/15/2018 12:10 PM
1|2|3...30 Next ▸
ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.