ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Yeah I thought a pair of board crushers would be nice for Curry
3/17/2018 4:51 PM
I should have taken 1 of those opportunities to trade up.
3/17/2018 5:33 PM
Posted by milest on 3/17/2018 5:33:00 PM (view original):
I should have taken 1 of those opportunities to trade up.
The funny thing is that you priced Lowry and Conley out of the fourth round. Even KJ is gone.
3/17/2018 6:10 PM
It's been so long since I've played the ODL... some players taken high now that never existed... some players that used to be staple 2s going much later... different world.
3/17/2018 8:57 PM
Come back and whip that *** which I know you can do. I am just getting back in it but not the owner you were
3/17/2018 9:00 PM

I took Draymond but thought about Penny any thoughts

3/17/2018 9:05 PM
I'm not the owner I were, either! I've been in progland for the most part. Good to see you back, man!

apparently I played in 61, which was 5 or 6 seasons ago. Lost in the finals to a 47 win team... I don't remember my team at all! Checked my records - Oh, ****, I lost in game 7 by 1 point. Pretty interesting team.
3/17/2018 9:09 PM (edited)
I would wish you back but I cant beat my *** with my own stick but I always enjoyed playing around. Its amazing nothing has really changed
3/17/2018 9:17 PM
My completely irrelevant take on what I see:
Pos. Owner Time Selection
1st Rd. Friday 3/16 10 a.m. (EDT)
1. rubnsly LeBron James - well, this makes sense.
2. twinsfan8791 Wilt Chamberlain - at least this much hasn't changed.
3. bds9992 Stephen Curry - yeah, holy ****, so high... but honestly, I might take him #1 if I had the chance. Best offensive player in the sim & more cost efficient than the two better overall players in my mind.
4. jkaye24 Dennis Rodman - this seems right
5. mikee1 Karl Malone - this seems high, but only slightly. I still think Shaq is more cost efficient, but it was always kind of a 4-way toss up b/w mailman, shaq, dwight & kareem to me.
6. 24kpyrite Michael Jordan - weird that he's fallen this low. Even weirder that he might should go even lower.
7. pointfwd Shaquille O'Neal - this feels like a steal to me. No better combination of fg%, usg%, tov% & def in the sim, and doesn't hurt you anywhere else, either.
8. benhoidal Dwight Howard - y'all let ben have Dwight? Shiiiiiit...
9. jcred5 Chris Paul - anybody remember when I was down on cp3 and thought he was overrated? Well, 14-15 happened and this might even be too low. I think there are about 15 guys that belong in the top 8, though, so lol
10. robusk Kareem Abdul Jabbar - this is blasphemy.
11. dh555 David Robinson - ever experience deja vu?
12. pharrop Larry Bird - Larry Legend deserves better than this, but I can honestly name 11 guys I'd take before him. They were all drafted before him. I can name a few more, too, but he's still incredible!
Saturday 3/17 10 a.m. (EDT)
13. milest Moses Malone - wait ... what? Used to be a top 3-5 guy.
14. sappy Kevin Durant - what a steal. Top 5 or 6 guy in my mind to build around.
15. cjok1051 (via ncoldguy) Charles Barkley - remember when I said that Chuck should go #1, and then I showed everyone why? That was a decade ago. 15 feels pretty reasonable now. (I'd still take before Bird)
16. superrobb420 Giannis Antetokounmpo -
t? d??????
(I mean, I get it, but seriously, it's been too long)
17. pexetera DeAndre Jordan - best rebounder not named Worm, but you pay a lot for him, and there are a lot of board lords later on...
18. cjok1051 Magic Johnson - this is a travesty. And completely appropriate.
19. Midge Rudy Gobert - Big Ben just rolled over in his grave.
20. copernicus Tim Duncan - there's like 4 guys in the sim that does what he does. He has no business being 20th. I'd say 11 or 12 at the latest.
21. seapilots John Stockton - this feels right but also feels like you just stole my car.
22. gerryred Artis Gilmore - one day, the A-train will return to the 2nd or 3rd round where he absolutely does not belong. Seeing these guys go this low makes me want to play. Bad.
23 ysw128 Dwyane Wade - I think that 08-09 season is one of the most unique in the sim, and that with the right group of guys around him, it could be lethal. Completely not my style, but hey.
24. uptowngbv James Harden - This is offensive in so many ways, but the sim James makes a ton of sense here.
2nd Rd. Sunday 3/18 10 a.m. (EDT)
25. uptowngbv Ben Wallace - despite my earlier comments, this was always about where he should have gone.
26. ysw128 Hassan Whiteside - super sub no more! I would take this guy top 18-20. I like the Wade pairing.
27. gerryred Steve Nash - can never go wrong with third tier usage, 60% efg% & 38% ast%. Well, you can, but I'm a big believer in the sim version of this dude, especially paired with Gilmore.
28. seapilots Kevin Garnett - this feels right! Finally! I always thought he was drafted too high. I still don't like him, but I dig the pairing with Stockton.
29. copernicus Jason Kidd - What have you done? Timmy & Kidd?! I guess people don't value rebounds, dimes, 3s & defense from a pg anymore...
30. Midge Kevin McHale - I dig.
31. ncoldguy (via cjok1051) Hakeem Olajuwon - I don't dig. I still don't think he's as good in the sim as others do. Has anybody won with him in the last 40 odls?
32. pexetera Shawn Marion - expensive pair for not a lot of usage thus far... but I like all of the other things they bring!
33. superrobb420 Kawhi Leonard - the new Ginobili, I guess? As in, if he played more minutes, he'd be a top 10 guy.
34. ncoldguy Oscar Robertson - still pains me to see the Big O appropriately in the middle of round 2.
35. sappy Draymond Green - I remember almost getting this guy the last time I played... was right after that 15-16 season came out. I was gonna pair him with Magic, but didn't get to. Bummer. Not sure I like him with KD, but I'm not sure that I don't, either.
36. milest Scottie Pippen - this seems very low, but maybe appropriate. Maybe he just went too high in the past.
Monday 3/19 10 a.m. (EDT)
37. pharrop Anfernee Hardaway - who was it that used Bird & Penny to whoop up on everybody? either tarheel or vance, I feel like. Either way, superb combo!
38. dh555 Deron Williams - over Big Shot? Really? Of course, D-Will isn't exactly a scrub... I just like Big Shot more, as you're well acquainted with.
39. robusk Chauncey Billups - Thank you. Jesus, I like your team.
40. jcred5 Anthony Davis - suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper low tov%, good defense... I like it, I like it.
41. benhoidal Bill Walton - Dwight & Walton? This league is ******.
42. pointfwd Elton Brand - not really where I would have gone to compliment Shaq, but boards & defense at the 3 are never bad.
43. 24kpyrite Amare Stoudemire - I feel like this is a nice combination with MJ, just feels early. But I could be wrong - I haven't done this song & dance in a while.
44. mikee1 Donyell Marshall - still in the 2nd, if a bit low. Unique skillset that is always good. Wait, did you just pair him with the Mailman? TIGHT!
45. jkaye24 Klay Thompson - I like this a lot. I think Klay's better than this (and would be if either his boards or dimes were higher), but yeah, he's like a better version of (don't think he's been drafted yet, so won't say name).
46. bds9992 Terry Porter - end of 2nd/start of 3rd feels right. The 90-91 season (I think; 58% efg%, 26% ast% one around 2660 minutes) is highly undervalued around here. That back court is really, really good.
47. twinsfan8791 Kevin Johnson - I love KJ, and he's a great fit with Wilt. This might have been early, but you pick again in a few picks so whatever, feels good to me. I won many ships with KJ as my pg.
48. rubnsly Dikembe Mutombo - oh no no no you didn't. Good pair; I probably would have went Drummond, Camby or Chandler personally.
3rd Rd. Tuesday 3/20 10 a.m. (EDT)
49. rubnsly Manu Ginobili - 3rd round? THIRD ROUND?! I have to come back. Ummm, fantastic back court. I like the team overall.
50. twinsfan8791 Brent Barry - can't argue as he used to get picked this high a lot, and he contributes a lot, but my mind immediately went to more boards with KJ in tow.
51. bds9992 Marcus Camby - Yeah. Yeah. This is a nice start for sure. Need more boards & paint scoring badly, but Camby is one of my all-time favorite board guys in this league.
52. jkaye24 Alonzo Mourning - this is absurd. Zo, Worm, Klay. Some dimes and a wing and another big... ****, man, this is legit.
53. mikee1 Mookie Blaylock - your princess is in another castle.
54. 24kpyrite Horace Grant - Has Horace been drafted in the third round of every ODL for the past 40 seasons?
55. pointfwd Mike Conley - wait... what? (checks last season's stats). Oh! Wow, hey, yeah. I like this pick for the place & the fit.
56. benhoidal Kyle Lowry - yeah, that's back to back PGs that should be going higher that never used to get drafted at all. This is a sick fit with Dwight & Walton.
57. jcred5 Andre Drummond - how the hell he slipped this far, I'll never know. Top 32 guy imo, but I value things differently than others so ymmv. However you want to value it, combined with Davis & CP3, this is really sick.
3/17/2018 9:53 PM
I actually feel like the worm went a little high - not because he's a bad pick per se but because of budgetary concerns - cheap boards are always available later and 9m is a lot if you're going to use that top season and the #4 is too high if you're going to use a lesser one
3/17/2018 10:21 PM
Posted by copernicus on 3/17/2018 10:21:00 PM (view original):
I actually feel like the worm went a little high - not because he's a bad pick per se but because of budgetary concerns - cheap boards are always available later and 9m is a lot if you're going to use that top season and the #4 is too high if you're going to use a lesser one
The issue is more generating enough threes and assists if you play him at the three. This issue only really presents itself with Rodman in a draft league. There are some big men in a league like this who are lightly picked because of their weak boards but have good perimeter shooting and usage. If you can pair them with Rodman you can make it work.
3/17/2018 11:02 PM (edited)
I wonder how far he falls. I’m tempted to pick him if he’s there. I have been very cheap so far
3/17/2018 10:59 PM
I thought about Penny with Durant. But I felt I could never check up on rebounds
3/17/2018 11:00 PM
Wonder if ash notices who’s missing
3/17/2018 11:00 PM
From I remember he will
3/17/2018 11:03 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...30 Next ▸
ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.