ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Posted by 24kpyrite on 3/18/2018 3:36:00 PM (view original):
I love responses to evaluations. If the evaluations are done correctly, you get the other owner off their game and cause them to reach for a need. Evaluations should be a skewed brutal assessment.
I always tried to be honest in mine and never intentionally mislead anyone. I do feel like sometimes the evaluator gives too much advice (just about any advice is too much), though. The parity of this league is likely high in part because of the detailed analysis and commentary that used to occur during and after the draft by several people.

And then there's just unintentional bad advice...
3/18/2018 8:42 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/18/2018 8:40:00 PM (view original):
You guys aren’t taking into account who WILL be taken. I can name the teams who will have better rebounding than Cope. Just ask. I fear not
Are you serious right now? Like, for real, actually serious? It's hard to take you seriously when you say things like that...
3/18/2018 8:44 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/18/2018 8:42:00 PM (view original):
I love responses to evaluations. If the evaluations are done correctly, you get the other owner off their game and cause them to reach for a need. Evaluations should be a skewed brutal assessment.
I always tried to be honest in mine and never intentionally mislead anyone. I do feel like sometimes the evaluator gives too much advice (just about any advice is too much), though. The parity of this league is likely high in part because of the detailed analysis and commentary that used to occur during and after the draft by several people.

Yeah I always give way too much advice. That being said evals are a unique way to see a bit inside a champions head.
3/18/2018 8:45 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 3/18/2018 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 3/18/2018 8:42:00 PM (view original):

Yeah I always give way too much advice. That being said evals are a unique way to see a bit inside a champions head.
You, me, scud, I feel like DH at one time ... probably 4 or 5 more, too. I literally have freaking guides on how to improve as a team builder ... what was I thinking?!
3/18/2018 8:47 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/18/2018 8:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 3/18/2018 8:40:00 PM (view original):
You guys aren’t taking into account who WILL be taken. I can name the teams who will have better rebounding than Cope. Just ask. I fear not
Are you serious right now? Like, for real, actually serious? It's hard to take you seriously when you say things like that...
Ask me who will have a better rebounding team than copernicus. Ask me. Go ahead. Make my day
3/18/2018 8:52 PM
Why would I waste both of our time by doing that? You act like you know who every single person is going to take from this point out. You act like you know who everybody is going to use from the undrafted pool. You don't. I could take his team, take players that don't even drafted, and probably lead the league in board differential (at least be top 5). I could probably do the same with almost any other squad here as well. You act like it's all settled when in reality, only 25% of his team has been drafted. Barely more than that has been drafted in the league.
3/18/2018 9:18 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/18/2018 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Why would I waste both of our time by doing that? You act like you know who every single person is going to take from this point out. You act like you know who everybody is going to use from the undrafted pool. You don't. I could take his team, take players that don't even drafted, and probably lead the league in board differential (at least be top 5). I could probably do the same with almost any other squad here as well. You act like it's all settled when in reality, only 25% of his team has been drafted. Barely more than that has been drafted in the league.
And you act like you invented the SIM
3/18/2018 9:43 PM
I’ll tell you why: so you could show me what you know and I can show you what I see. We could have found some common ground. You don’t seem interested in that, which is fine, but then you have to live with me not agreeing with you. Can you?
3/18/2018 9:45 PM
I couldn't care less if you agree with me. I didn't invent the sim, but my grasp of its workings & mechanics is almost unrivaled. I have helped many owners understand many aspects of it, including the topic in question. I have as many championships (73) as teams you've played in (73).

But since you really, really want the attention:

The seasons I'd use for the trio he's drafted, I'd have 66.5% cumulative drb% with 22% orb%. I have plenty of ast%, so I can afford to get wings that don't necessarily pass as much, opening many guys that rebound more to me. There's no way those two guys (as well as the rotation guys I will draft) aren't giving me at least 10/30, so now we're talking 32%/96.5% minimum. That's not quite as high as I would typically aim for, but it's not far off, and it's certainly not below average, and it's certainly enough to win this league.

But I don't know who he's going to draft (he's apparently using a different Kidd than I would, so even more boards). He might end up with 41/114. He might go lower. I don't know who he's going to pick, much less the other 23 owners, so I'm not going to make some asinine projection saying that 2, 12 or 22 teams will out rebound him, and simply don't care who you think will or won't.

(although Ben will almost assuredly be near the top with the start he's had & knowing the way he builds teams. I feel comfortable making that prediction)
3/18/2018 10:38 PM
“But since I don’t care what you think, let me educate you so that you think like me.”

Stop.
3/18/2018 10:42 PM
You asked.

Repeatedly.

Not my fault if you don't like the information you sought out.
3/18/2018 10:50 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/18/2018 10:50:00 PM (view original):
You asked.

Repeatedly.

Not my fault if you don't like the information you sought out.
Mr. Good Faith to the rescue?

3/18/2018 10:54 PM
Be careful what you ask for; you just might get it.
3/18/2018 10:57 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/18/2018 10:38:00 PM (view original):
I couldn't care less if you agree with me. I didn't invent the sim, but my grasp of its workings & mechanics is almost unrivaled. I have helped many owners understand many aspects of it, including the topic in question. I have as many championships (73) as teams you've played in (73).

But since you really, really want the attention:

The seasons I'd use for the trio he's drafted, I'd have 66.5% cumulative drb% with 22% orb%. I have plenty of ast%, so I can afford to get wings that don't necessarily pass as much, opening many guys that rebound more to me. There's no way those two guys (as well as the rotation guys I will draft) aren't giving me at least 10/30, so now we're talking 32%/96.5% minimum. That's not quite as high as I would typically aim for, but it's not far off, and it's certainly not below average, and it's certainly enough to win this league.

But I don't know who he's going to draft (he's apparently using a different Kidd than I would, so even more boards). He might end up with 41/114. He might go lower. I don't know who he's going to pick, much less the other 23 owners, so I'm not going to make some asinine projection saying that 2, 12 or 22 teams will out rebound him, and simply don't care who you think will or won't.

(although Ben will almost assuredly be near the top with the start he's had & knowing the way he builds teams. I feel comfortable making that prediction)
Those are the exact seasons my number spit out. They seem like the right seasons.

At the end in these leagues, it feels like it is invariably the same 4-5 owners every season at the top. The eval process is usually more fun to me TBH.
3/18/2018 11:02 PM
this cap is killing me. I'm not used to drafting for $47M. going to have to find some serious value out there soon. you guys had that eval right.
3/18/2018 11:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...30 Next ▸
ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.