ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Posted by copernicus on 3/19/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
robusk I was really put off by your lackluster reception of my last season's back-up PG selection {no names} and still harbor malice towards you - just saying
Haha. I don’t remember who that was. I was really just using numbers to measure various things so the individual players or coaches don’t stand out much to me.

If I considered things like coaches then I’d pick the same teams every season.
3/19/2018 1:13 PM
Posted by milest on 3/19/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 24kpyrite on 3/19/2018 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Robusk, maybe you underestimated how bad milest division was? 2nd most wins and a 1 and done in playoffs, sounds like a poor division. ;)
Yeah, bc that's the 1st time in WIS basketall that a #1 seed has lost its 1st playoff series... It happens all the time, dude... And I lost to a team in my division.. making your point rather pointless.. But nice attempt of trolling- u got a response...
Sorry I couldn't resist, I could tell how sensitive you were last season about the evals so I had to poke the bear a little.
3/19/2018 1:13 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/19/2018 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Robusk and I seem to be glaring examples of the fact that the guy who does evals gets nothing but flack. Maybe they shouldn’t be given anymore.
Why can' other owners point out when evaluators are just flat wrong??? Opinions are 1 thing, but I've literally had evaluators say in would be weak on the boards- then lead the league (King Ash has actually done this to my team.. criticized my 'weak boards' and then I lead the league in boards).. I've had guys say-- 'you could have drafted that guy a round or 2 later'--- when I actually drafted him later than the previous season.. Why can't we point those things out without being accused of 'giving evaluators flack'? I don't understand.. Why can a guy repeated say he 'nailed' the evals, and when someone points out that he really didn't, he's the bad guy??? Why is honestly viewed as hostility??????
3/19/2018 1:14 PM
Let me put it this way: you seem to have as much desire to prove your team’s worth as you do to prove that Robusk didn’t nail the evals.

My question is, who cares? Do you have to be right?

Evals are approximations. They’re not supposed to be the letter of the law. To take them personally is to contradict their nature. They are not only for fun, they are for you.

i don’t even understand why we need evals, but having been involved in this league for four years, I know people get antsy when no one does them. When someone does do them, we’re at the point where the evaluators can’t catch a break. The owners won’t let anything go!

Not all scores have to be settled.

If you don’t want someone to give his or her opinion on your team, make that clear. By asking for evals, you allow for the possibility that you will not agree. By not allowing for that possibility, you are asking instead for confirmation of what you already think. In that case, just tell yourself what you want to hear. Don’t ask for someone else’s opinion when it might not agree with yours.
3/19/2018 1:19 PM
Posted by robusk on 3/19/2018 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/19/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
There are 12 playoff teams.. If u predict the champ to miss the playoffs and you predict the 2nd best team(reg season record wise) to be the 12th best team-- the u didn't 'nail' anything.. u got a high percentage of the playoff teams correct. Congratulations. But yes, when i see u post 3 or 4 times about how u 'nailed' the evals, I see it as bragging, and I set the record straight. That's all.
Well, I wish future evaluators the best living up to your oddly specific standard.

By the criteria that I used to measure it, I was pretty happy with the results. As well as ideas it gave me for the future.

U did a done job.. I wouldn't have just come out and criticized you on my own.. I responded to u.... again, u did a good job, and I thank u for taking the time to do it.. But I think you and I have a different definition of 'nailed'.. That's all... and u have used that specific word more than once to describe your own results.. and, to me, it' an incorrect use of the word... If you 'nailed' it, you would have at least gotten the champ in the playoffs...
3/19/2018 1:19 PM
Posted by milest on 3/19/2018 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Robusk and I seem to be glaring examples of the fact that the guy who does evals gets nothing but flack. Maybe they shouldn’t be given anymore.
Why can' other owners point out when evaluators are just flat wrong??? Opinions are 1 thing, but I've literally had evaluators say in would be weak on the boards- then lead the league (King Ash has actually done this to my team.. criticized my 'weak boards' and then I lead the league in boards).. I've had guys say-- 'you could have drafted that guy a round or 2 later'--- when I actually drafted him later than the previous season.. Why can't we point those things out without being accused of 'giving evaluators flack'? I don't understand.. Why can a guy repeated say he 'nailed' the evals, and when someone points out that he really didn't, he's the bad guy??? Why is honestly viewed as hostility??????
This is why we can't give up evalustions, they bring out the best commentary. Not only are feathers ruffled this season, but we get to rehash last season and even further back. This is gold! And here I was thinking today was going to be utterly boring being home with a sick kid, cheers to ya fellas.
3/19/2018 1:21 PM
Posted by milest on 3/19/2018 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 3/19/2018 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/19/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
There are 12 playoff teams.. If u predict the champ to miss the playoffs and you predict the 2nd best team(reg season record wise) to be the 12th best team-- the u didn't 'nail' anything.. u got a high percentage of the playoff teams correct. Congratulations. But yes, when i see u post 3 or 4 times about how u 'nailed' the evals, I see it as bragging, and I set the record straight. That's all.
Well, I wish future evaluators the best living up to your oddly specific standard.

By the criteria that I used to measure it, I was pretty happy with the results. As well as ideas it gave me for the future.

U did a done job.. I wouldn't have just come out and criticized you on my own.. I responded to u.... again, u did a good job, and I thank u for taking the time to do it.. But I think you and I have a different definition of 'nailed'.. That's all... and u have used that specific word more than once to describe your own results.. and, to me, it' an incorrect use of the word... If you 'nailed' it, you would have at least gotten the champ in the playoffs...
Maybe? I’m not super concerned with trying to measure against playoff results. PyWins are a better measure for me.

Again though, we looked different things. I am comfortable with my own assessment of it.
3/19/2018 1:22 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/19/2018 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Let me put it this way: you seem to have as much desire to prove your team’s worth as you do to prove that Robusk didn’t nail the evals.

My question is, who cares? Do you have to be right?

Evals are approximations. They’re not supposed to be the letter of the law. To take them personally is to contradict their nature. They are not only for fun, they are for you.

i don’t even understand why we need evals, but having been involved in this league for four years, I know people get antsy when no one does them. When someone does do them, we’re at the point where the evaluators can’t catch a break. The owners won’t let anything go!

Not all scores have to be settled.

If you don’t want someone to give his or her opinion on your team, make that clear. By asking for evals, you allow for the possibility that you will not agree. By not allowing for that possibility, you are asking instead for confirmation of what you already think. In that case, just tell yourself what you want to hear. Don’t ask for someone else’s opinion when it might not agree with yours.
To be fair to reality... My issue with Robusk is him claiming that he 'nailed' the evals when he left the champ (Not my team) out of the playoffs.. I'm not trying to prove anything about my team. That season is over and my team lost in the playoffs. What is done is done... it has nothing to do with making me or my team look good or better or anything... u are skewing reality to make it seem like I'm mad that robusk gave ME a bad eval.. thats not true at all.. the issue is that he keeps saying he nailed the evals and he didn't. Thats it.
3/19/2018 1:23 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 3/19/2018 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/19/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 24kpyrite on 3/19/2018 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Robusk, maybe you underestimated how bad milest division was? 2nd most wins and a 1 and done in playoffs, sounds like a poor division. ;)
Yeah, bc that's the 1st time in WIS basketall that a #1 seed has lost its 1st playoff series... It happens all the time, dude... And I lost to a team in my division.. making your point rather pointless.. But nice attempt of trolling- u got a response...
Sorry I couldn't resist, I could tell how sensitive you were last season about the evals so I had to poke the bear a little.
The overall disparity between the two conferences last year definitely added noise to the results.
3/19/2018 1:23 PM
def mpg Name Team Pos Usage% 2pt%# 3pt%# eFG% OReb% DReb% Ast% Stl% Blk%
90 33 Tim Duncan 06-07 Spurs C 28.4 54.8 11.0 54.7 9.4 25.8 13.3 1.2 4.3
35 25 Nikola Jokic 16-17 Nuggets C 23.5 62.2 32.2 60.5 10.8 25.9 20.6 1.3 1.5
98 30 Serge Ibaka 12-13 Thunder PF 18.2 58.9 34.9 58.6 10.5 15.7 2.2 0.5 5.5
?? ?? 3 & D guy probably SG 50.5 80.0 60.0 99.9999 most of them all of them infinity +5 sword of not in my house
90 36 Jason Kidd 05-06 Nets PG 19.2 44.4 35.0 48.1 3.2 18.8 32.1 2.4 0.6
3/19/2018 1:37 PM (edited)
I’m okay with the flack. Charge it to the game. I’d still do them again in a future league. I’m not too emotional about the stuff... except for the absurdly poor ability for some of the owners to post coherent sentences. Otherwise the banter is great. Flack from long time owners like scuddy, Copernicus et al is part of the fun and can point out flaws in your own analysis. It makes you a better owner.
3/19/2018 1:29 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/19/2018 1:27:00 PM (view original):

u are skewing reality to make it seem like I'm mad that robusk gave ME a bad eval.. thats not true at all.. the issue is that he keeps saying he nailed the evals and he didn't. Thats it

If he didn’t nail the evals with regards to you, you haven’t brought up anyone else (correct me if I’m wrong) and you want him to know he didn’t nail the evals at least a season later, isn’t the point that you want him to know that he didn’t nail the evals with regards to you?

isn’t it fair to say that given the time that has passed, you could’ve let this go, but are upset that he didn’t nail the evals with regards to you?
3/19/2018 1:30 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/19/2018 1:30:00 PM (view original):

u are skewing reality to make it seem like I'm mad that robusk gave ME a bad eval.. thats not true at all.. the issue is that he keeps saying he nailed the evals and he didn't. Thats it

If he didn’t nail the evals with regards to you, you haven’t brought up anyone else (correct me if I’m wrong) and you want him to know he didn’t nail the evals at least a season later, isn’t the point that you want him to know that he didn’t nail the evals with regards to you?

isn’t it fair to say that given the time that has passed, you could’ve let this go, but are upset that he didn’t nail the evals with regards to you?
We just have different ways of assessing an outcome. I’m okay with it. Don’t let it rankle you big dog.

Just get back to writing those evals ;)
3/19/2018 1:33 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/19/2018 1:30:00 PM (view original):

Can u read? I've stated that he left the eventual champion out of the playoffs in his evals several times.... U can pick every other single playoff team correctly, but if u predict the champ to miss the playoffs, you didn't 'nail' it. Sorry, but it's that simple.. u can miss the champ and still have done a very good job- but again, maybe my definition of 'nailed' is wrong, idk.... But to me, if u are going to self-proclaim nailing evals, u better had actually nailed them, or you're just blowing smoke...... And I let it go a long time ago bro... He posted it in this very forum.. did u not see that? U think I'm just calling him out last season for no reason... no.. read. Comprehend... He stating in this forum that he nailed last season' evals.. Why am I a loser bad guy for telling the truth and saying that he didn't? Yes, my team IS an example of him not nailing it.. am I supposed to not be allowed to use a valid example bc it' MY team? Idiots just assume that nc it's MY team as 1 of the example, that that is what it' about.. he had the champ out of the playoffs and still claimed he 'nailed' it.. I'm tired of being redundant and responding to someone who can't comprehend simple concepts...
3/19/2018 1:44 PM (edited)
Posted by copernicus on 3/19/2018 1:37:00 PM (view original):
def mpg Name Team Pos Usage% 2pt%# 3pt%# eFG% OReb% DReb% Ast% Stl% Blk%
90 33 Tim Duncan 06-07 Spurs C 28.4 54.8 11.0 54.7 9.4 25.8 13.3 1.2 4.3
35 25 Nikola Jokic 16-17 Nuggets C 23.5 62.2 32.2 60.5 10.8 25.9 20.6 1.3 1.5
98 30 Serge Ibaka 12-13 Thunder PF 18.2 58.9 34.9 58.6 10.5 15.7 2.2 0.5 5.5
?? ?? 3 & D guy probably SG 50.5 80.0 60.0 99.9999 most of them all of them infinity +5 sword of not in my house
90 36 Jason Kidd 05-06 Nets PG 19.2 44.4 35.0 48.1 3.2 18.8 32.1 2.4 0.6
I feel like if I can land that last guy my team will be ok
3/19/2018 1:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...30 Next ▸
ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.