Wants Success preference Topic

Has anyone mapped out the characteristics that drive the "wants success" preference? I assumed it was tied to prestige, but my Tennessee Martin team, with a D+ prestige is currently neutral for that preference. If it was based on prestige, then I would think D+ would still be in the bad range.

I did make the PI last season and get the 2nd round, so is it maybe tied to recent postseason appearances vs prestige?
3/12/2018 1:08 PM
I am curious on this as well. I have teams that I consider middle of the road, that recruits say are successful. And winning programs that are NOT considered successful. I get so confused.
3/12/2018 2:42 PM
Looks like it is an HD mystery. Would be too easy to just correlate to Prestige I guess.
3/13/2018 9:02 AM
There have been other threads about this same question.
3/13/2018 2:02 PM
Since you have no teams, you should have plenty of time to bump all of them for us.

Thanks in advance!
3/13/2018 2:06 PM
Thank you, too, for reminding me why I have you and benis blocked. It greatly improves the forums.
3/13/2018 2:59 PM (edited)
Posted by l80r20 on 3/13/2018 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Thank you, too, for reminding me why I have you blocked.
If you blocked him, how did you read when he said?
3/13/2018 2:47 PM
Telepathy.
3/13/2018 2:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2018 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Telepathy.
Yea, I believe its called ESPN
3/13/2018 2:49 PM
Success is based upon your last 4 seasons. However it works differently across the divisions. At D3, it is nearly impossible to get to VG for success. At D1, the inverse is true, it's pretty easy to get VG for success but nearly impossible to get VG for wants rebuild.
3/13/2018 2:50 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/13/2018 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Success is based upon your last 4 seasons. However it works differently across the divisions. At D3, it is nearly impossible to get to VG for success. At D1, the inverse is true, it's pretty easy to get VG for success but nearly impossible to get VG for wants rebuild.
So are success preferences equal throughout the divisions. I realize my D2 success isn't equal to D1 success. But if i have good or very good for success at D2, is that better than a barely below average D1 team that may have neutral for success?
3/13/2018 2:58 PM
A- Prestige

Two guys are showing as "very good" for wants success. (NT 2nd round; two S16 and one PI Final Four)
3/13/2018 3:00 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/13/2018 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/13/2018 2:50:00 PM (view original):
So are success preferences equal throughout the divisions. I realize my D2 success isn't equal to D1 success. But if i have good or very good for success at D2, is that better than a barely below average D1 team that may have neutral for success?
Yes, if you're Good at D3 and a D1 is also Good, you will have nearly the same multiplier. It's not exactly because there is some difference within the title of Good/VG, etc. So not all Goods are exactly the same just like all neutrals are not exactly the same.

But anyway, yeah, I think it's a pretty dumb way to do it to have the preferences the same across divisions. Should be an additional multiplier for those types of preferences (success, strong conference).
3/13/2018 3:07 PM
So, the reason it is not a direct correlation to prestige is because it just looks at the last 4 seasons in vacuum, regardless of baseline prestige? So a school with a B prestige, might have a weaker “wants success” preference than a team with a C prestige, if the team with the C prestige has had better post season success over the last 4 seasons. Do I have that right?
3/13/2018 3:25 PM
I just went and looked at a few of my less successful teams.
  • My Tennessee Martin team has one 2nd round PI appearance over the last 4 seasons and is neutral for wants success
  • My Maryland team has one 2nd round NT and one first round NT appearance over the last 4 seasons and is good wants success
When comparing my preferences to a competitor in recruiting, I guess it really doesn’t matter if they are neutral, G or VG, as long I compare their success over the last 4 seasons relative to mine.
3/13/2018 4:10 PM
Wants Success preference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.