Inputs for Success Topic

How would you breakdown to following in terms of how it relates to long-term high level success (NT Every Year, F4's periodically, and the like)? (I haven't had that level of success my but estimates are below)
* Recruiting -- 75%
* Game Planning (Depth/Practice/Game Plan) -- 15%
* Non-Conf Scheduling -- 8%
* Team/Conference Selection -- 2%
* Something else?
3/13/2018 12:03 PM
For me team selection would be much higher than 2%, due to baseline prestige and who you have to compete with for conf titles. I'd set it at 10 or 15.

Recruiting is correctly your #1, but I'd reduce its weight to 60 or 65.
3/13/2018 12:10 PM
The % for each factor would vary depending on division and conference.

As an example me at UNC in the ACC and Coach A at a school with a conference full of Sims have to schedule completely different, and for the coach with sim conference its much more important.

I would honestly say game planning is much higher. I am not very good at this game, I had some really great recruiting classes in the early seasons of Phelan (and occasionally more recently), but I dont have much to show for it probably cause I dont do any crazy game planning.
3/13/2018 12:26 PM (edited)
I would add player development to your list. Some coaches are better than others a getting their players to hit their rating ceilings, while also building IQ at a good rate. Overall selection of what Offense and Defense you play is important as well and can have long term impacts on your success or lack thereof. Defense is probably more important than offense.

I will say that most of the little success I’ve had, has been directly correlated to game planning, scheduling, O/D strategy and player development. I am an awful recruiter, but make up for it with those areas.
3/13/2018 1:29 PM
oh yea, and add luck to your list and its maybe as high as 15%. Seriously.
3/13/2018 1:29 PM
Posted by drichar138 on 3/13/2018 1:30:00 PM (view original):
oh yea, and add luck to your list and its maybe as high as 15%. Seriously.
Good point. Dumb luck and a willingness to fight through bad beats is probably 15-20% of the game in 3.0.
3/13/2018 1:46 PM
Inputs for Success Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.