First Four in Dayton Topic

Another thing - I've been to a lot of venues including MSG for BE tourney, Barclays for ACC tourney, Breslin, etc

But my main experience is with the Carrier Dome which honestly I think stinks for basketball. yeah it's cool with 30,000 people in there but the viewing angles are all really weird. When the talking heads say how great the Dome is, I really don't get it.
3/15/2018 10:28 AM
agree benis.. carrierdome is not that great for hoops.. i guess there is some atmosphere added just by the idea of 30K+, but not great.

went to plestra last weekend for ivy tourney. had heard alot about the place. hmmm. i guess its supposed to have a classic wrigley/fenway feel. didnt love it. was lucky to have great seats.

cupholders in seats but drinks didnt fit in cupholders haha. cant recall anywhere else where sun was in my eyes watching a basketball game.
3/15/2018 10:48 AM
hoops sitelines and feel very odd in Carrier Dome - not terrible for me, but odd
3/15/2018 10:58 AM
I waited in line to get student tickets one time at the carrier dome. It was grey, it was snowing, it might have been any month between October and May. Our seats were roughly 3.7 kilometers from the court. I could vaguely tell their was a basketball game going on. Zendon Hamilton dropped 10 in the first 8 minutes and then stopped scoring. The Orange beat the Red like 80-50.

I did get a vanilla coke at some weird *** 50's style burger joint. Might have been the highlight of the trip.
3/15/2018 12:41 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/15/2018 8:21:00 AM (view original):
GG kc! Man, that was pretty fun, not gonna lie. Ugly game which is Cuse's style so it was perfect. We went out after and I didn't get to bed until almost 3am so I'm pretty beat right now but totally worth it.

A couple thoughts about the game and Dayton

- The place was sold out and supposedly biggest crowd for a First Four game. I'd say 20% cuse, 5% ASU and 75% Don't give a ****.
- It was such an odd mix of people that everyone was just sitting on their hands most of the time - which ****** me off. We were able to get rowdy towards the end but man, it was weak sauce for most of it.
- The architect of that building is an idiot. They have so many chokepoints it turns into such a clusterf*ck getting around. Maybe they're not used to have so many people there, I dunno but it sucked.
-Didn't serve beer. Also sucked.

On to TCU and that POS Jamie Dixon!
The 75% are probably locals. It seemed pretty racauos for the St Bonaventure game but that's because they're also in the A10.

The arena usually sells beer. Must be an NCAA rule.
3/15/2018 4:46 PM
NCAA rule.

31.1.15 Availability of Alcoholic Beverages. Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold or otherwise made available for public consumption at any championship event sponsored by or administered by the Association, nor shall any such beverages be brought to the site during the championship (during the period from the time access to the site is available to spectators until all patrons have left the facility or area used for competition).
3/15/2018 5:32 PM
Not only do they not sell beer, you will see at any NCAA venue that all the commercial signage in the arena is covered up - we r amatuers......!
3/15/2018 5:39 PM
I have tickets for Session 1 and 2 tomorrow in Charlotte. Gonna have to pregame pretty hard, and smuggle alcohol in.
3/15/2018 5:39 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/15/2018 12:41:00 PM (view original):
I waited in line to get student tickets one time at the carrier dome. It was grey, it was snowing, it might have been any month between October and May. Our seats were roughly 3.7 kilometers from the court. I could vaguely tell their was a basketball game going on. Zendon Hamilton dropped 10 in the first 8 minutes and then stopped scoring. The Orange beat the Red like 80-50.

I did get a vanilla coke at some weird *** 50's style burger joint. Might have been the highlight of the trip.
great story.

i hope you got some pizza.

you should come when its not wintertime.. or as we call it "july"

3/15/2018 9:43 PM
When I lived in upstate New York, the saying was don't sleep in on Saturday's in the July, you might miss summer.
3/15/2018 9:52 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/15/2018 9:52:00 PM (view original):
When I lived in upstate New York, the saying was don't sleep in on Saturday's in the July, you might miss summer.
Ha, never heard that one before.
3/16/2018 8:25 AM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 3/15/2018 5:33:00 PM (view original):
NCAA rule.

31.1.15 Availability of Alcoholic Beverages. Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold or otherwise made available for public consumption at any championship event sponsored by or administered by the Association, nor shall any such beverages be brought to the site during the championship (during the period from the time access to the site is available to spectators until all patrons have left the facility or area used for competition).
That's strange, they sell it at the CenturyLink Center for Creighton games. Will they not for the Midwest regional?
3/16/2018 2:14 PM
each school.arena can decide whether to sell beer during their season - but I believe that for NCAA tournament games there is a policy against beer. I could be wrong, but I have never seen it after a good number of trips to tournament games. No beer. Commercial advertising inside the arena covered with NCAA insignia or black sheets....etc

3/16/2018 3:24 PM
Cuseeeeeee
3/18/2018 5:27 PM
Yes! Watched the whole game. I have hopes.
3/18/2018 6:29 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
First Four in Dayton Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.