First Four in Dayton Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 3/13/2018 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/13/2018 9:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 3/13/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Tank's on Wayne Avenue for greasy food and cheap beer; South Park Tavern ( also on Wayne) if you'd rather go for pizza/calzone's and good beer.
Thanks man I appreciate it. Ever been to the first four games? I'm really curious to see the atmosphere. Can't imagine too many ASU fans making the trip.
I've been to the first round in Dayton forever ago, but never first four. Arena is a fun venue, and it gets raucous at NCAAs when three schools' fan bases unite behind one team. Wish I could be there!
Just a short plane ride away my friend!
3/13/2018 9:42 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2018 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Mike : you truly have nothing to do. It is making me laugh, I mean. Shoe,,coachspud + mike = jesters.
Well, to be fair, you're a clown. Do you know how we know something doesn't go your way? You start a thread. Do a search. You'll see what I mean.
3/13/2018 9:42 PM
I am just discussing stuff and all you do is attack people, insult them, and repeat the same argument over and over without even trying to see what is said. I never complained about the outcome. I was just thinking that at some point in any decision-making, in any strategy used by owners, at high level, you can't do more and it would be fun to have other options in recruiting. That is all. I signed 4 out of 7 schollies, used my strat to get to VH on two other battles, that I lost, fair game. Just wondering about opening up options in recruiting a bit more to help us strategize better. That's the discussion. It was never talked about, all you haters did was insult me. Ok. I get it.
3/13/2018 9:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2018 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 3/13/2018 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2018 8:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2018 8:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/13/2018 6:57:00 PM (view original):
Anybody on here from the Dayton area? I'm heading up there tomorrow for the 'Cuse game and looking for a good pregame spot. The bigger the dive, the better.
Damn lucky!!! Go Cuse! But do love ASU too
Ah, now I see. He's not lucky. He got tickets and PLANNED a trip. There was no luck involved. It was a PLAN. You think everything is luck when, most times, it's just PLANNING. So, when things don't go your way, you think it's bad luck.
What did BL do now?
Apparently, he's the source of all of zorzii's problems.
What a doofus.
3/13/2018 10:44 PM
ILL-INI
3/13/2018 10:46 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2018 9:54:00 PM (view original):
I am just discussing stuff and all you do is attack people, insult them, and repeat the same argument over and over without even trying to see what is said. I never complained about the outcome. I was just thinking that at some point in any decision-making, in any strategy used by owners, at high level, you can't do more and it would be fun to have other options in recruiting. That is all. I signed 4 out of 7 schollies, used my strat to get to VH on two other battles, that I lost, fair game. Just wondering about opening up options in recruiting a bit more to help us strategize better. That's the discussion. It was never talked about, all you haters did was insult me. Ok. I get it.
This is tiring.

You complain when things don't go your way. It's what you do. If you don't realize that, I'm not sure what to say. To address your point, there is a point in every aspect of life that there is nothing more to do but wait for the outcome. That also happens in HD. As has been pointed out, there should be MORE 4+ battles for players not less. Do you think, with a top 10 recruit, that KY says "Ah, crap. Every time I try to visit this kid I see reps from UNC, Duke and UCLA. I'm not recruiting this guy any longer!!!"?

As for me, I ignored this forum for about 10 days. In the last couple of days, my "attacks" have consisted of:
1. Asking wizard why he thought a win over a top 100 should be the same as one over a top 300. Or if I was misunderstanding him.
2. Telling lr10d20 to bump all the pertinent threads after his snide remark since he had time and no teams.
3. You. And it wasn't an "attack" as much as pointing out that you always start an "improvement" thread when something doesn't go your way. Which is dead on accurate.
3/14/2018 7:32 AM
Anybody on here from the Dayton area? I'm heading up there tomorrow for the 'Cuse game and looking for a good pregame spot. The bigger the dive, the better.
Ah, now I see. He's not lucky. He got tickets and PLANNED a trip. There was no luck involved. It was a PLAN. You think everything is luck when, most times, it's just PLANNING. So, when things don't go your way, you think it's bad luck.
Mike this makes no sense. Can Benis not be lucky to have the time to go to the game? Even if someone plans a trip, that doesnt mean that they are not lucky to be able to go on said trip. There is luck in almost everything, and bad luck too. This is really a reach here. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the game or what you believe people think about the game, yet you use a passing comment that was on topic to bash zorzii. Why do you care if zorzii makes threads or not, you can either ignore them or post in those threads but there is no reason to come to other threads and "derail" them.
3/14/2018 4:37 PM
Posted by kingsallday on 3/14/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Mike this makes no sense. Can Benis not be lucky to have the time to go to the game? Even if someone plans a trip, that doesnt mean that they are not lucky to be able to go on said trip. There is luck in almost everything, and bad luck too. This is really a reach here. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the game or what you believe people think about the game, yet you use a passing comment that was on topic to bash zorzii. Why do you care if zorzii makes threads or not, you can either ignore them or post in those threads but there is no reason to come to other threads and "derail" them.
Probably the luckiest thing is that I happen to live within easy driving distance to Dayton.

Or that the committee overlooked Cuse's serious resume flaws and let them into the dance. VERY LUCKY there.
3/14/2018 4:54 PM
Posted by kingsallday on 3/14/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
This is the Hoops Dynasty Forum.

I certainly will not feel bad for "derailing" an off-topic thread with a Hoops Dynasty related post.

And, no, I don't think benis was "lucky" at all. Unless, of course, he won an all-expenses paid trip to Dayton by answering some radio trivia. One does not get "lucky" to have time to make a trip. If he works, he earned the time off and the money to afford the trip. In the real world, a lot of "luck" is created by putting yourself in a situation to be "lucky".
3/14/2018 5:03 PM
I was watching the games last night and started to think about making a habit of going to the first four, now that it is structured to produce competitive games

I saw that guy Polite from Radford play in high school - he was really good.
3/14/2018 5:58 PM
Not the first four, but I am looking into going to the TAMU/Providence and UNC-Lipscomb games in Charlotte Friday. Born and raised Tar Heel.
3/14/2018 6:28 PM (edited)
That's an unfortunate accident, but you do have the option to change as an adult. You don't need to carry on your parents' mistakes.
3/14/2018 6:31 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/14/2018 6:31:00 PM (view original):
That's an unfortunate accident, but you do have the option to change as an adult. You don't need to carry on your parents' mistakes.
Rude. Lol

Actually thinking about it, I guess technically I wasnt born or raised a UNC fan. Neither of my parents are from NC or UNC fans. But I am from NC. So it was a choice that all Born in NC must make at some point.. UNC or Puke. I guess sometimes people choose NC State too, but idk why.
3/14/2018 6:38 PM
Because they don't want things handed to them on a silver platter? Being a Duke or UNC fan is basically the same thing as deciding to be a Real Madrid fan when you start watching European soccer. Or being a Yankees fan.

It doesn't take any real spirit to support a team with massive inherent financial advantages and which has to massively screw up to not be competitive for more than a season or two.
3/14/2018 6:54 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure Wake does have a few fans down there...
3/14/2018 6:55 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
First Four in Dayton Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.