Ever seen this happen? Topic

"Leave in longer" keeps them in the game even when they're accumulating fouls. The fake players don't "let up" once they know they're in danger of fouling out. But, if they're on the bench because you didn't leave them in, they don't get minutes.
3/14/2018 11:56 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/14/2018 11:32:00 AM (view original):
You basically have one shot. If he whines and you do not take care of it and he whines again, he will get happier if you fulfill your promise but will transfer anyways. So one wrong, APPLY what you promised. Two wrongs, he is gone. That is what I experienced so far.
It’s a crap shoot honestly. I have had two players complaining all season because I promised them both 15 minutes but they played the same position. In short, I never fulfilled either of their promises.. one transferred and one stayed.
3/14/2018 12:44 PM
No, not really. Keep your promise, player stays. Simple ****.
3/14/2018 12:57 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/14/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 3/14/2018 11:54:00 AM (view original):
I also put him in "leave longer" for foul trouble. BTW Tejada was at 22 mpg before the CT.
The problem may have been since he wasn't happy going into the CT, you needed to make it up to him by getting him the minutes in the CT and the NT.

There was a similar situation not too long ago, where a coach thought he was in the clear and then didn't play him much in the CT/NT and ended up losing that player.
It's really two whines. And foul troubles, stamina play and impact in minutes played and it's a hassle. I play FB/press in UMASS, read your comment and I think I am going to change. I already had the same problem and lost a player to transfer last season. I am stressed I will lose another one. It's not really the promise, I hit the right button, it's the FB/PRESS that makes it tough.
3/14/2018 1:03 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2018 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Really isn’t that simple. Simple would be if the opposite was also true, that a player leaves every time a promise is broken and that’s not true, it is a lot more complicated than that. There are a lot of variables under the hood that determine whether a player leaves after a broken promise. Cubbie isn’t the only coach who has made a promise that he wasn’t able to fulfill and he won’t be the last. Is he wrong for trying to understand the system & signs better? I don’t think so.
3/14/2018 1:19 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 3/14/2018 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Really isn’t that simple. Simple would be if the opposite was also true, that a player leaves every time a promise is broken and that’s not true, it is a lot more complicated than that. There are a lot of variables under the hood that determine whether a player leaves after a broken promise. Cubbie isn’t the only coach who has made a promise that he wasn’t able to fulfill and he won’t be the last. Is he wrong for trying to understand the system & signs better? I don’t think so.
If you gamble you might lose. Nah, this isn't complicated.

When are you going to give us the list of 5 teams 0nly has in the same world?
3/14/2018 1:25 PM
So, do you have examples of promises kept and a player leaving? No? Didn't think so. Simple as keep your promise, player stays.
3/14/2018 1:26 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 3/14/2018 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 3/14/2018 1:19:00 PM (view original):
If you gamble you might lose. Nah, this isn't complicated.

When are you going to give us the list of 5 teams 0nly has in the same world?
But would you be more likely to gamble if you had a 10% of failure compared to a 90% chance of failure?

from a high level I guess I can understand where you are coming from but everything in this game and life in general is centered around a “risk” of some sort.
3/14/2018 1:29 PM
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Which is probably a dumb saying but that's what you/cubcub want.

You want the best prospect so you make promises which, if kept, will likely hurt your win/loss chances. So you're trying to do the bare minimum in keeping the promise while hoping it doesn't bite you in the ***. Then gripe when *** is fully bitten.

I ran slowdown to maintain promises to two FR when normal would have been better. I kept lesser teams in games then lost by 1-3 points. But kept my promises.
I've started a FR 13 out of 15 games when the back-up is the better option this season. I did this because he'll be the better option next season. And the 2 seasons after that.

I'm costing myself games, IMO, but I won't be starting a thread like this.
3/14/2018 1:45 PM
Mikey Trucks is correct. I understand the desire to try to reduce the risk of breaking the promise, but bottom line is promise breaking should be inherently high risk.
3/14/2018 1:59 PM
But Mike..how many NC have you won by taking 0 gambles/playing it safe, “planning for the future”, and not asking seemingly “stupid” questions? I’ll wait. Because whether you like OP’s coaching & recruiting methods and his curious tendencies or not. You have to see that he is more successful at HD than you.

3/14/2018 2:02 PM
Looks like you and I are 1 behind cubcub(who won his recently and plastered it in every thread for two weeks) in NC.

If you gamble, sometimes you lose. Suck it up and quit yer ******** is all I'm saying. He took a chance, he got bit in the ***. Whining like a ***** won't make it better.
3/14/2018 2:09 PM
This is a friendly thread.
3/14/2018 2:10 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/14/2018 2:10:00 PM (view original):
This is a friendly thread.
Hey shut up Benis
3/14/2018 2:22 PM
Kinda how these threads work. OP thinks everyone is going to say "That sucks. Such BS." And, when they don't, the tone changes.
3/14/2018 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Ever seen this happen? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.