14 game difference? Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/17/2018 8:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/17/2018 6:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by georgereiss1 on 3/16/2018 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/16/2018 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Exactly. Maybe i wanted to welcome you to the Mike bashing fan club. But since it's an issue, i don't really care who you are then. It's not that important. Who takes offense to a question like that? Forget it, Mr In The Closet.
My bad I'd love to join that club
Hahaha wow. Changed his tune real quick. You'll have to get in line for that tho.

Oddly enough, Mike kinda grows on you. If you really are new (which i doubt, if you're calling Mike a troll), you'll see. He's like a Dick Vitale.... Can be loud and obnoxious. But every now and then he spitsv out knowledge that can be deemed useful.
Really? What knowledge do you think he has shared? I seriously want to know because I am sure i missed it.
Shoe and Mike : false informations. Say it once, not working. 5 times, people start to give up, 10 times... only Benis keeps at it. Some come back and try to knock some sense into them. 20 times, everybody is gone, what was false from the start becomes the thruth. Call this propaganda.

Last pearl from Shoe : people can do what they want with their practice plan... If it helps keeping ees...
3/17/2018 8:43 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/17/2018 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Exactly. Maybe i wanted to welcome you to the Mike bashing fan club. But since it's an issue, i don't really care who you are then. It's not that important. Who takes offense to a question like that? Forget it, Mr In The Closet.
Hahaha wow. Changed his tune real quick. You'll have to get in line for that tho.

Oddly enough, Mike kinda grows on you. If you really are new (which i doubt, if you're calling Mike a troll), you'll see. He's like a Dick Vitale.... Can be loud and obnoxious. But every now and then he spitsv out knowledge that can be deemed useful.
Really? What knowledge do you think he has shared? I seriously want to know because I am sure i missed it.
Shoe and Mike : false informations. Say it once, not working. 5 times, people start to give up, 10 times... only Benis keeps at it. Some come back and try to knock some sense into them. 20 times, everybody is gone, what was false from the start becomes the thruth. Call this propaganda.

Last pearl from Shoe : people can do what they want with their practice plan... If it helps keeping ees...
Took your bleating to another thread, I see.

But let’s go ahead, I don’t think mike minds. What exactly do you think is the problem with people choosing to set practice plans in ways they believe might keep a player around a year longer? What’s the gameplay problem, for example, with leaving a green LP until the senior year to work on, or loading up on study hall and free throws for already elite players for a few seasons?

Are you saying people shouldnt be able to make choices? Because actually that would make sense based on everything else you believe about the game.
3/17/2018 12:00 PM

I'm not going over board with it. I said every now and then. Like our discussion about percentage of teams that make the playoffs..... And that's it. Haha
3/17/2018 12:10 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/17/2018 12:02:00 PM (view original):

But let’s go ahead, I don’t think mike minds. What exactly do you think is the problem with people choosing to set practice plans in ways they believe might keep a player around a year longer? What’s the gameplay problem, for example, with leaving a green LP until the senior year to work on, or loading up on study hall and free throws for already elite players for a few seasons?

Are you saying people shouldnt be able to make choices? Because actually that would make sense based on everything else you believe about the game.
He's saying that's HDs version of tanking! Personally i could care less if an opponent did that. It's their team, that they pay good money for. If you want your players to suck, have at it. Send me a game request when doing so (if i go to D1)
3/17/2018 12:15 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/17/2018 12:10:00 PM (view original):

I'm not going over board with it. I said every now and then. Like our discussion about percentage of teams that make the playoffs..... And that's it. Haha
Yeah I've never learned anything from him either.

what was the playoff thing?
3/17/2018 12:17 PM
Honestly nothing worth giving him credit for. I'm just trying to give the man a break!
3/17/2018 12:27 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/17/2018 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 3/17/2018 12:02:00 PM (view original):

He's saying that's HDs version of tanking! Personally i could care less if an opponent did that. It's their team, that they pay good money for. If you want your players to suck, have at it. Send me a game request when doing so (if i go to D1)
Guys make choices on how to play. That should be encouraged. It’s only a problem when one type of choice involves a jacked up risk vs reward, when one type of choice becomes dominant, and then everyone has to play that way if they want to stay competitive. It was a problem, for instance, when press was overpowering the other sets. As long as youre taking on more risk, or giving up something of value to gain the reward, I don’t see a gameplay problem.

Wiz and I play in the same conference now. He takes walkons and saves his resources to only go after a certain caliber of player, as lots of players do in 3.0. He’d rather have the resources. I’d rather have the insurance policies to hide on the bench for a couple years, then mix in to contribute when their IQ is good (or step in in case of emergency). Both should be valid choices players can make, and should be capable of yielding competitive teams.

He also likes to play for preferences more than I care to. So he scheduled a weak non conference schedule, and put his RPI and tournament standing at risk. He feels it paid off for him, because of preference matches he was after. Valid choice. His team missed the NT last year, but is a preseason #5 this year. Risk and reward. No problems.
3/17/2018 2:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2018 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Glad we cleared that up. No, zags' problem was ballhandling. Dude really loves ballhandlers. I think the PF was the best ballhandler. When I pointed out that he also had to cover a faster, more athletic player on the defensive end, zags stopped the nonsense of PF at PG.
You NEED ball handling at the 1. I'm happy to forget it at the other 4 positions in good enough O/D/Red but that guy needed to play the 1.
3/17/2018 11:48 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13096
3/17/2018 11:52 PM
◂ Prev 12345
14 game difference? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.