14 game difference? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You are both correct and incorrect. I've already told you what was wrong with that Lander team but you were too stubborn to believe me.

No, those two guys are not the difference. You are correct.

However, you are incorrect that it was Zags fault with lineups/gameplanning the previous season.

Look at that team and check out the guards. Those guards are good NOW but they weren't good LAST season. You didn't recruit players who were ready to step in and be starting guards at D2. Your last season with that team you had a bunch of guards who were either seniors or FR. If you had balanced this better and had your backup guards as Sophs, the drop off between seasons would have been much less.
3/15/2018 8:13 AM
If you only have mediocre underclassmen guards - you're gonna have a bad time.
3/15/2018 8:15 AM
He played a slow, unathletic PF at PG. In man defense. That is a line-up error. Do you disagree?

Additionally, he had never used fastbreak.

Personally, and this is sort of a compliment, I think he might have learned something last season. But I think he may be too dumb to realize it.
3/15/2018 8:38 AM
And you're too dumb to realize that you jumped shipped at exactly the right time. You had a senior heavy team and had a nice season. All those guys were leaving and you had little talent returning for the following season. It's the same thing that happened to your D3 team. You didn't have any guards because you lost recruiting battles or w/e so you won around 10 games.

But, if he didn't play FB even though all his IQs were in FB then yeah, that's a gameplanning fault. I'd give you that one but I guess zags will need to confirm that if he was using another offense all season.
3/15/2018 8:50 AM
You didn't answer the question. He played a slow, unathletic PF at PG. In man defense. That is a line-up error. Do you disagree?

Since I don't expect you will, I didn't leave a Final Four team behind. But, with 50ish humans in D2, halfway decent line-up choices(he "noticed" one of the best players after 3-4 games) and good gameplanning would have gotten that team in the tourney. He started playing the "I'm gonna develop these players for next season" game and tanked it up. Which is fine but I'm not hearing "These two guys made a 14 win difference" from anyone.
3/15/2018 8:58 AM
His slow, unalthletic PF was the only guy on the team over 65 pass IIRC. Who's fault was that?
3/15/2018 8:59 AM
Are you too stupid to answer the question? Is playing a slow, unathletic PF at PG in man defense a good idea?
3/15/2018 9:02 AM
Yes I'm too stupid.
3/15/2018 9:03 AM
Glad we cleared that up. No, zags' problem was ballhandling. Dude really loves ballhandlers. I think the PF was the best ballhandler. When I pointed out that he also had to cover a faster, more athletic player on the defensive end, zags stopped the nonsense of PF at PG.
3/15/2018 9:06 AM
Admittedly, I didn't value ballhandling very much in the fastbreak offense. I was more concerned with D skills, ATH/SPD and passing. Still not sure if that was the right/wrong call.
3/15/2018 9:07 AM
As I understand it, BH affects the ability to set up your own shot while P affects the ability to set others up for shots.
3/15/2018 9:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2018 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Admittedly, I didn't value ballhandling very much in the fastbreak offense. I was more concerned with D skills, ATH/SPD and passing. Still not sure if that was the right/wrong call.
That wasn't your problem.
3/15/2018 9:11 AM
Where did you expect points to come from? The guard with B IQ, 50 ath, 65 speed, 55 BH and 60 Per? At D2.
3/15/2018 9:16 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/15/2018 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2018 9:07:00 AM (view original):
That wasn't your problem.
That's all zags ******* about. "Poor ballhandling....no one can ballhandle....you didn't leave anyone with any ballhandling skills...."
3/15/2018 9:29 AM
12345 Next ▸
14 game difference? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.