How many EE's is too many? Topic

Posted by zorzii on 3/16/2018 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 3/16/2018 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/16/2018 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 3/16/2018 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Mully’s idea makes the game less intelligent and easier to game. You should never know exactly what a kid is going to do. Good coaching means understanding the probabilities and managing contingencies.
Dumb argument. On EES, your arguments have been dumb, dumb, dumb. 5EES... That is what the guy lost... He understood the probability, he managed contingencies... But the system does not permit such adjustments in the second cycle.

Another one was in the same spot as him and lost nobody. It happens also. Where is the logic? It makes for frustration and random, not strategy to reajust roster and act accordingly as you keep implying like somebody who is dumb.
The system doesn’t want teams to be able to hoard elite commodities and maintain success in perpetuity. Elite talent is a commodity, it’s valuable, and it’s volatile. Anyone who continues to recruit only draft-worthy talent, and expects to be able to maintain success with full rosters in perpetuity, as teams were able to do previously, is banging their head against a wall. Is that dumb? Your call.

Plenty of people have found ways to play competitively, and consistently. Why haven’t you?
I am. Chevk my teams. Beside the point. Two teams, 5 ees both, one lose none, the other five. Two teams, both three ees, three likely going, one lose none, other three. At least, if prob are THAT volatile, give teams a mechanism to recuperate. Plenty of ideas came up by new or experienced owners. Apply one.
The mechanism exists. You just choose to not use it.
3/16/2018 6:17 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/16/2018 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Mully’s idea makes the game less intelligent and easier to game. You should never know exactly what a kid is going to do. Good coaching means understanding the probabilities and managing contingencies.
Dumb argument. On EES, your arguments have been dumb, dumb, dumb. 5EES... That is what the guy lost... He understood the probability, he managed contingencies... But the system does not permit such adjustments in the second cycle.

Another one was in the same spot as him and lost nobody. It happens also. Where is the logic? It makes for frustration and random, not strategy to reajust roster and act accordingly as you keep implying like somebody who is dumb.
The system doesn’t want teams to be able to hoard elite commodities and maintain success in perpetuity. Elite talent is a commodity, it’s valuable, and it’s volatile. Anyone who continues to recruit only draft-worthy talent, and expects to be able to maintain success with full rosters in perpetuity, as teams were able to do previously, is banging their head against a wall. Is that dumb? Your call.

Plenty of people have found ways to play competitively, and consistently. Why haven’t you?
I am. Chevk my teams. Beside the point. Two teams, 5 ees both, one lose none, the other five. Two teams, both three ees, three likely going, one lose none, other three. At least, if prob are THAT volatile, give teams a mechanism to recuperate. Plenty of ideas came up by new or experienced owners. Apply one.
I don’t care about your teams, zorzii. I care about you continuing to bleat about the same ridiculous issues over and over again. The issue is not that the system is unfair, or random. The issue is that people like you want reward without dealing with risk. You’re not going to get it. The game developers made a conscious decision to remove that feature of the game. The idea that matters is for you to change your gameplay, if the volatility bothers you. Losing 5 EEs is a direct result of recruiting only among the pool of players who are likely to be EE candidates.

EE talent costs more now, and is riskier to rely on. Adapt, or go away.
Bleat. I gotta use that in everyday conversation. It's a great word.
3/16/2018 7:09 PM
zorzii complaining about EE:

3/16/2018 7:13 PM
Who's his hype man on his left?
3/16/2018 7:15 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/16/2018 5:30:00 PM (view original):

I don’t care about your teams, zorzii. I care about you continuing to bleat about the same ridiculous issues over and over again. The issue is not that the system is unfair, or random. The issue is that people like you want reward without dealing with risk. You’re not going to get it. The game developers made a conscious decision to remove that feature of the game. The idea that matters is for you to change your gameplay, if the volatility bothers you. Losing 5 EEs is a direct result of recruiting only among the pool of players who are likely to be EE candidates.

EE talent costs more now, and is riskier to rely on. Adapt, or go away.
Learn to read. I haven't said a word of anything you are implying. Don't mind the risk.
3/16/2018 8:10 PM
You guys do not even understand the subject. There were no complaints on my part. But it's been like that in forum lately.
3/16/2018 8:13 PM
All I read was "BLEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!"
3/16/2018 8:17 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/15/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
In my opinion, at 3 and up, it's unfair. Impossible to make up for it. You will not recover, it will take you four seasons to get past this. And you will hear all the comments... and they'll tell you : it's your fault for recruiting four or five stars recruits and getting a random outcome that is ridiculous while another one has kept is two likely going players.
Is this NOT a complaint? "Unfair" suggests complaint. NO ONE likes to be treated unfairly.
3/16/2018 8:18 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/15/2018 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/15/2018 5:23:00 PM (view original):
I checked Allen as well. The magic # there was like 86, 28/31 has a LP or PER over that. One of the dudes was like 990 OVR another one was in the 870's and the last guy was only 815.

Interesting enough 4/6 who didn't have a super high scoring stat were SF's. The other two were a C and PG.
This is why it's flawed. We will start not practicing lp or per but none will transfer even they know something fishy. Ees is not working as intended. Losing five (i lost four and three two times) is just impossible to make up for. If Calipari loses five, he will recruit.
NOT a complaint? "flawed", "not working as intended" suggest complaint.
3/16/2018 8:19 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/15/2018 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by drichar138 on 3/15/2018 7:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 3/15/2018 2:09:00 PM (view original):
High reward comes with high risk. If you don’t like the risk, recruit other types of players.
well said shoe, you said it better with a lot fewer words than I did.
To be honest, I agree with you with ees leaving but there is too much random, first some teams will lose players not even on the big board, second some teams won't lose any getting to the final four or more.

Finally, the recruiting system is not designed for teams losing that many, one is doable, two if you plan carefully, three impossible.

5? Come on.
NOT a complaint? "too much random" and "impossible" suggest complaint.

Need I go on?
3/16/2018 8:20 PM
Do you complain and NOT know it? That is possible. But, if you ask nice, I'll point out when you complain so you'll know it.
3/16/2018 8:21 PM
“unfair. Impossible to make up for it. You will not recover, it will take you four seasons to get past this.” “random” “no strategy” “where’s the logic” “system does not permit adjustments”

Yeah, actually you’ve said all that stuff.
3/16/2018 8:23 PM
Lol, I should have known mike had this covered.
3/16/2018 8:25 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/16/2018 8:13:00 PM (view original):
You guys do not even understand the subject. There were no complaints on my part. But it's been like that in forum lately.
Fourth Place is the Fourth Winner, champ!
3/16/2018 8:30 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/16/2018 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Lol, I should have known mike had this covered.
Yeah, every thread zorzii starts is based on something that happened to him that he did not like. He is possibly the BIGGEST complainer in this forum.

Yet he doesn't think he complains. Weird ****.
3/16/2018 8:32 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
How many EE's is too many? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.