Looking for advice on a $0 Med strategy Topic

I saw this posted in one of the old threads about patience and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience:

For 80+ OVR types, the patience threshold seems to be around 66-67 where they will always stay. For 90+, I believe it is higher but don't have enough samples to know where. For those under 80, the patience level is lower, but not sure exactly where.

If I'm running $0 Med and I want to reduce the risk of a catastrophic injury hitting one of my guys early in a 5 year contract, would it be viable to string guys along (who have high patience ratings) on 2 or 3 year deals repeatedly?
3/15/2018 11:47 AM
Whether or not they'll accept them is the trick. It would be smart. 0 medical is a disaster is a key player has an "important" injury(no one cares if their 3 SPD catcher pulls a hammy and misses 88 games while losing 2 SPD/8 BR).
3/15/2018 12:17 PM
My PAT threshold is 51 + (OVR - 65), which seems to fit the data points in that thread. Players with OVR under 65 (mostly C/DH and short usage relievers) get complicated since they get mixed in with the minors/majors threshold guys, so a single rule is less useful.
3/15/2018 3:01 PM
Looking for advice on a $0 Med strategy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.