Can anyone explain this result? Topic

This is a stupid result. Playoffs here are coin flips! A sixteen would NEVER beat a one.

Oh yes they would, so now the WIS whiners who think HD having Mid Major National Champs is ridiculous can stop whining so loud.
3/17/2018 10:23 AM
U Must Be Cinderella (UMBC) is going to the Sweet 16 bby!
3/17/2018 10:36 AM
This is such old news. I have lost as a 1 to a 16 several times in my HD career.
3/17/2018 10:43 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 3/17/2018 10:23:00 AM (view original):
This is a stupid result. Playoffs here are coin flips! A sixteen would NEVER beat a one.

Oh yes they would, so now the WIS whiners who think HD having Mid Major National Champs is ridiculous can stop whining so loud.
I'm not sure how UMBC winning one game proves that mid majors can win the whole tourney...

Besides, Zags already proved that it was possible last year.

Or Butler in 2010 and 2011.

Or VCU in 2011

Or George Mason in 2006

Or UNLV in 90/91.

So yeah.
3/17/2018 10:59 AM
Posted by zagsrulez on 3/17/2018 10:36:00 AM (view original):
U Must Be Cinderella (UMBC) is going to the Sweet 16 bby!
Buffalo vs UMBC would be awesome.
3/17/2018 11:03 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/17/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
You guys can throw rocks and grenades at me. But i can't get on board with this. I hate these situations. I know it's good for the sport and it gets people all fired up. But i don't get to watch every game. And the times that i get a chance to kick back and turn on the big game, I'm ****** when it's a game like this. It's two teams i know nothing about, that i didn't care about at all two weeks ago, and really don't have a shot in hell at winning the thing. I wanna see the guys I've watched all year. The supreme talent and supreme matchups.

(WifS forum crowd..... "Booooooooooooo! Topdogg Boooooooooo!" "Get him outta here!")
No that not WiS forum, that's every normal human being
3/17/2018 1:11 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 3/17/2018 9:53:00 AM (view original):
I was at the game, and minus the small Virginia section the crowd was rocking for UMBC!
That's awesome! You got to experience history in person! That must have been a blast. Were you there for a certain team or just watching games?
3/17/2018 1:12 PM
You guys can throw rocks and grenades at me. But i can't get on board with this. I hate these situations. I know it's good for the sport and it gets people all fired up. But i don't get to watch every game. And the times that i get a chance to kick back and turn on the big game, I'm ****** when it's a game like this. It's two teams i know nothing about, that i didn't care about at all two weeks ago, and really don't have a shot in hell at winning the thing. I wanna see the guys I've watched all year. The supreme talent and supreme matchups.

(WifS forum crowd..... "Booooooooooooo! Topdogg Boooooooooo!" "Get him outta here!")
I think quite a lot of people feel this way. They are all ******* wrong.
3/17/2018 1:20 PM
Posted by billscnb on 3/17/2018 1:12:00 PM (view original):
I was at the game, and minus the small Virginia section the crowd was rocking for UMBC!
That's awesome! You got to experience history in person! That must have been a blast. Were you there for a certain team or just watching games?
It was awesome! I originally went for the UNC game, but did not buy tickets for the Creighton/KSU and Virginia/UMBC games. My wife pretty much said, get a hotel and go to the other games since I am already up there.

So I did, and boy am I glad! Awesome when an entire arena bands together for one team.
3/17/2018 1:25 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/17/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):

At least I'm not alone. I understand it's great for the kids at the schools. And as a person involved in basketball, i would much rather be that kid that grows up to be own his own small lawn care business, and can look back on a miracle time in his life that he can cherish forever.... More than I'd like to be the kid who's the 5th starter on a D1 juggernaut, that can only make the D league NBA. He's probably been a star his whole life, and it's not AS great of an accomplishment for his memory bank.

But, I'm a spectator. I'm not interested in seeing UMBC or any other Cinderella get blown out their next game. I'd be ok with chalk to the sweet 16. Top 4 seeds in each region. From there, "upsets" are fine. If all 4 seeds make the final 4 that's still high level talent. To each his own. I understand the opposite argument to this as well. I'm a realist.
3/17/2018 2:02 PM

I get the desire to see the best teams play each other, but if you still think UVA was an elite team after last night, I have no idea how to respond. They spent the entire second half pooping their pants in terror while UMBC carved them up. Why would you want to watch that again?
3/17/2018 2:03 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 3/17/2018 2:03:00 PM (view original):

I get the desire to see the best teams play each other, but if you still think UVA was an elite team after last night, I have no idea how to respond. They spent the entire second half pooping their pants in terror while UMBC carved them up. Why would you want to watch that again?
Fair argument. I didn't watch the game. But I've seen the highlights. And in Virginia case, this game will define their season (hell it'll define UMBCs whole program). But does the world think UVA should've not made the tournament or been the 16 seed? And UMBC is a dominant team now? Of course not. Virginia had 30 good games and 1 bad. (Not exact numbers). I just think Virginia would have a better chance playing quality basketball the rest of the way, compared to UMBC. I'm not being combative or saying anything that everyone doesn't understand. Put these Cinderella teams in a power conference and they get detroyed for the most part. They're FANTASTIC stories when it happens. And it elevates the game. It's just not my cup of tea. That's all.
3/17/2018 2:14 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/17/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/17/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):

At least I'm not alone. I understand it's great for the kids at the schools. And as a person involved in basketball, i would much rather be that kid that grows up to be own his own small lawn care business, and can look back on a miracle time in his life that he can cherish forever.... More than I'd like to be the kid who's the 5th starter on a D1 juggernaut, that can only make the D league NBA. He's probably been a star his whole life, and it's not AS great of an accomplishment for his memory bank.

But, I'm a spectator. I'm not interested in seeing UMBC or any other Cinderella get blown out their next game. I'd be ok with chalk to the sweet 16. Top 4 seeds in each region. From there, "upsets" are fine. If all 4 seeds make the final 4 that's still high level talent. To each his own. I understand the opposite argument to this as well. I'm a realist.
Jaquan Lyles is a highass level of talent. He did what 7 "NBA Caliber" guys were not able to do
3/17/2018 11:44 PM
Growing up, my dad took my Brother and I are two different regional sites each year for the first two rounds of March madness. It’s amazing how the whole arena’s energy Would swing in the direction of the underdog if they were close or winning, except for the small section of fans of the favorite. The best one I ever saw live was Loyola Marymount smashing Michigan to advance to the Sweet 16 after Hank gathers had died earlier in the season.
3/20/2018 1:39 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Can anyone explain this result? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.