I was trying to decide which team would gain more in a given situation. Hopefully someone here has an answer. Here goes.
Team 1 and Team 2 are both D1 schools. They are in the Same conference and division. They both start with C+ prestige.

Four seasons go by. They split games in conference play every season for four seasons. Team 1 and Team 2 schedule the same nonconference games both home and away for four seasons. Home and away losses are equal. Records the same at end of each season. Both eliminated every season in Round 1 of NT.
Team 1
Baseline prestige is B
Loses one additional game in conference play each season

Team 2
Baseline prestige is C
Loses one more game in nonconference play each season.
Wins four straight conference titles by one game over Team 1.

Which team has the higher prestige after the four seasons?
3/18/2018 3:27 PM (edited)
Basically with everything being equal which team will gain the most prestige after four seasons? Team 1 with a higher baseline prestige or Team 2 with four conference titles.
3/18/2018 3:29 PM
If they're both making the NT every season, neither wins a conf tourney over those four seasons, and all else is equal, I think Team 1 should stay ahead. CCs don't seem to mean a whole lot, NTs do.

(But I'm guessing.)
3/18/2018 4:13 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.