We are getting ready to draft for 1993, our 53rd season, and we have an owner who would like to step away. Great league with long time owners. Sitemail with interest and any questions.

It's a standard prog league that goes year to year without any twists. We're finishing up the season and going to be getting ready to draft shortly.

San Francisco franchise

c Cerone, Rick
c Surhoff, B.J.
1b McGriff, Fred
2b Jefferies, Gregg
3b Baerga, Carlos
3b Sabo, Chris
ss Blauser, Jeff
ss Sanchez, Rey
of Carter, Joe
of Gonzalez, Juan
of Hill, Glenallen
of Kelly, Roberto
of Polonia, Luis
p Finley Chuck
p Fossas, Tony
p Kile, Darryl
p Mills, Alan
p Osborne, Donovan
p Plunk, Eric
p Portugal, Mark
p Rodriguez, Rich
p Russell, Jeff
p Smoltz, John
p Welch, Bob
p Young, Anthony
3/19/2018 8:08 PM (edited)
I had an owner ask some good questions that might be helpful for those interested in the team:

1. The team is picking 15th and has traded away their 2nd round pick. It will end up finishing 2nd in the division this year and looking a few years out is still primed to win. You could ride the wave or tear it down early to put your own stamp on it.

2. The draft order is set for worst to first at game 120, as long as you meet the win floor of 40 wins by then. There is a stipulation in the rules that states you have to play your best team to win and will be penalized for tanking. If you don't meet the win floor, you drop to 5th in the first round only.

3. There are 20 teams in the league and we use AAA players, which leaves some nice talent available in the draft.

4. No keeper limit up to 25, 85M cap.

Additionally, there are only two divisions per league and no wildcards.

Let me know if you want access to the forums or have any additional questions.

I will tell you this is a good league with great owners. Guys get along well and there's no bickering and some pretty good trading going on. We're looking for an owner that fits well with that.
3/20/2018 9:32 AM
Ill take it
3/22/2018 5:01 PM
Filled
3/22/2018 7:35 PM
i would be interested, but what doe the whole team look like.
hitters great/pitching yuck.
6/18/2018 11:53 AM
Sitemail sent.
6/21/2018 4:01 PM
Still available...
6/26/2018 6:05 PM
Updated roster:

This team is in an interesting place. It has a great offense for years to come, anchored by Griffey Jr, Piazza, Franco and Grace along with some other nice pieces. But it needs help on the mound. With a higher draft pick (not yet determined) and two additional second rounders, you can go in any direction you choose. The team can be taken over during this current season or in the offseason before the draft.

1995 Milwaukee Roster (subject to new owner)

P Jaime Navarro
P Castillo
P Harnisch
P Timlin
P Boever
P Mike Perez

P Van Landingham
P Oquist
P Poole

C Mike Piazza
1B Mark Grace
2B Brent Gates
3B Tim Wallach
SS Jay Bell
OF Ken Griffey, Jr
OF Daryl Hamilton
OF Greer

Cut - RP Briscoe, RP Hickerson, OF Carr, 2b Lind, RP
IR - RP Tim Davis (96), OF Mack (97), U Julio Franco (96)
Retired - Gossage, Cris Carpenter, Deshaies

$55M

Draft picks - Own St Louis 2nd and Atlanta 2nd
6/27/2018 3:33 PM
I will take this team.
Thanks
6/30/2018 11:57 AM
Taken. Sitemail sent.
6/30/2018 7:34 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.