ODL67 User Name Evals Topic

I find user names interesting, so in the interest of keeping the party going, I thought I might evaluate them. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone.

1) rubnsly - This is an easy one. His mother's name is Ruby and his father is Slymonium.

2) twinsfan8791 - Only a wild guess, but I would say he is a Twins fan and he appreciates their World Series victories from 1987 and 1991.

3) bds9992 - His name is Barrington Davis Smithers and he was born on September 9th, 1992.

4) jkaye24 - His name is John Kaye and he is a fan of Moses Malone, or Kobe Bryant or Willie Mays. As a side note, when Rick Barry played for the Houston Rockets he didn't feel it was right to ask Moses to give up the number 24 so he wore #2 during home games and #4 during road games.

5) mikee1 - Either he is Mikee and he's 8 years old, or his name is Mike E. and the number 1 was the first one he ran across when he was choosing his user name.

6) 24kpyrite - it just sounds better than 24kirondisulfide

7) pointfwd - I would like to think this is Rob Mahoney joining us for some simulated hoops. Bill Simmons used to play here so why not?

8) behhoidal - Ben Hoidal. I have no idea what this one is.

9) jcred5 - jcred1, jcred2, jcred3 and jcred4 were already taken

10) robusk - So his name is Rob and his nickname is Uskerman, It couldn't be more obvious.

11) dh555 - His name is Don Henley and he was born on May 55th.

12) pharrop - He is an operator from Pharr, Texas. City motto - "It's a long way to Pharr."

13) milest - He isn't a mile, he isn't a miler, he's the milest! It's more likely that he's Miles T.

14) sappy - Small Pappy. Slightly happy. It has to be one or the other.

15) ncoldguy - I'm assuming he's an old guy from North Carolina. Just a hunch.

16) superrobb420 - He's a super guy, his name is Robb, and I hope he lives in Washington or Colorado or somewhere where that stuff is legal!

17) pexetera - I really like this one. I don't know what it means, but I like it.

18) cjok1051 - His initials are C.J., he lives in Oklahoma, and he needs a tow truck.

19) Midge - His nickname is actually Cato, but when he was choosing his user name they said Cato was already taken so he typed in Midge just to see if they would take it. They did.

20) copernicus - I think this is a great user name. I wish I had thought of it. If I had they would have said it was already taken and I would have ended up with something stupid like Midge.

21) seapilots - I would like to think this is Seattle Pilots and we are playing with Jim Bouton.

22) gerryred - His name is Gerry and he prefers either Republicans or communists.

23) ysw128 - He meant to choose ude239, but he was drunk at the time and hit the wrong keys.

24) uptowngbv - His name is George Barrington Vickers and he lives uptown.
3/19/2018 6:12 PM (edited)
I haven’t laughed this hard in ages.
3/19/2018 6:16 PM
LMAO. No backlash people just enjoy what it is
3/19/2018 6:38 PM
Genius LOL
3/19/2018 6:45 PM
Midge - a middle-aged gentleman, you know, a midge ( aka a grown-up smidge...)
3/19/2018 6:52 PM
Good stuff
3/19/2018 6:59 PM
This is the greatest post that has ever lived on these forums.

Pure.
Gold.

The cjok one was beyond amazing. omfg!
3/19/2018 7:04 PM
ashamael - Ash Ketchum is real, and he needs either a maelstrom or a meal. Still catching them all
3/19/2018 7:08 PM
I could be an Eskimo from Alaska
3/19/2018 7:16 PM
Great Stuff Midge!
I screwed up and thought I was naming my very first
exhibition baseball team using all the old '69
Pilots.
Imagine my dismay when the first boxscore had my
team name as Cup'nballs Kids!
3/19/2018 7:48 PM
bravo
3/19/2018 8:27 PM
Good sh**.
3/19/2018 8:32 PM
This is good stuff.

My name is from my original email address from over 20 years ago. Uptown has always been a natural nickname to my last name (Upton). GBV is from my favorite rock band, Guided By Voices.

I love your naming story, seapilots. It reminds me of when my undergrad school had everyone sign up for their new email accounts. It wasn’t a user friendly system and about half the students ended up making their email addresses what they thought were their private passwords.
3/19/2018 9:05 PM
I always think of “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel.

uptowngbv
he’s been living in Albuquerque
that is where he met an ncoldguy
I bet their fathers never told them why
yada yada yada
3/19/2018 9:19 PM
but the question everyone wants to know is:

are seapilots and skypilot related??
3/19/2018 9:47 PM
12 Next ▸
ODL67 User Name Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.