Another Retirement Thread Topic

As some of the veterans may remember, I've battled health issues in the past that have caused me to miss some seasons. Unfortunately, they've returned and I'm going to have to step away permanently this time. I've been 100% healthy for several years now but you never know when things can go bad again. I'll be seeking out treatment options closer to home in Columbus, Oh instead of Cleveland. The only thing worse than the diagnosis was telling my son that I was sick again. We're in Naples Florida right now for his Spring Break enjoying some family time.
Thanks to all the Coaches I've met on here that have become good online friends. It's been fun learning from you guys and learning 3.0 as well. I only have one active team (D2 Charleston in Phelan) and have a guy I used to mentor that's not currently active in any world taking it over. Hopefully someone takes over my D3 King's College team in Knight...that was a fun ride.
Have fun with HD, but remember it's a game.
Take care of yourselves and your families. Smile.
Its been a great time, fellas.

Paul
3/20/2018 5:45 PM
Paul, good luck. My thoughts are with you and your family. Health is what matters. Hopefully, everything goes well for you. We played in D3, not many games but I remember! You are about fun.
3/20/2018 5:50 PM
Here's to your health, Paul. Be well and be happy.
3/20/2018 5:57 PM
Never had the chance of talking or playing with you but good luck man, get well, be happy, cheers man.
3/20/2018 6:12 PM
Best of luck to you Paul. I will keep you in my prayers this week.
3/20/2018 7:17 PM
"Take care of yourselves and your families. Smile." And that's my wish for you, too, Paul. Best of luck in the future.
3/20/2018 11:34 PM
Sorry to hear. Take care and good luck.
3/20/2018 11:43 PM
Good luck and take care, Paul.
3/21/2018 12:06 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Paul. I didn't have the opportunity to get to know you very well, but you were always respectful and helpful whenever our paths crossed. Best of luck to you.
3/21/2018 3:22 AM (edited)
Good luck, take care of yourself and your family - and when things are better check back in and try HD 4.0 with us!
3/21/2018 8:44 AM
Paul, I Pray for you and your family. You and I have shared our playing time over the same time frame, and we have discussed our mutual love of WVU and Basketball as Conference Mates several times. I Pray that your Health problems do not keep you from the enjoyment of your Family because that is so much more important then a game. Our path's have never crossed in life that I know of, but I still wish you the best, and you will stay in my Prayers.
Tom Morgan (formerly tem316 and currently wvufan76)
3/21/2018 10:25 AM
Update:
After going through a delay due to scheduling and insurance problems, we've decided to go a different with treatment. Something a lot less shocking to the body and a lot more natural. So, as long as I'm good to go health-wise I'm good to go with HD. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.
Two days ago a friend of mine lost his fight with cancer. He was 52, just four years older than me. Kent was a hell of a guy. We played basketball together for years and years at the Y. Every Friday night we'd end up guarding each other...his pull-up jumper on the fastbreak was unstoppable. My drives to the hoop would frustrate him. We had some great battles, they were fierce at times, but we were always smiling and joking after the games. I'm taking my son to the gym after school and I'm going to try (lol) to put up some jumpshots for Kent.
Nothing is promised, guys.
Not even tomorrow.
Live your life with more love and less hatred and fear.
As it says in the song "The Mountain" by Three Days Grace
"Every day I'm just surviving~keep climbing the mountain
Even when I feel like dying~keep climbing the mountain"
RIP Kent Allen Clark
4/27/2018 9:34 AM (edited)
Good to see you’ve got a plan. Very sorry about the insurance hassle though, that sucks. Good luck.
4/27/2018 10:44 AM
take care paul..i had colon cancer surgery + chemo @ age 62..still fighting neuropathy symptoms..but today happy to be alive & reasonably well..
4/27/2018 1:31 PM (edited)
Be well and strong, Paul.
4/27/2018 8:52 PM
12 Next ▸
Another Retirement Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.