D1AA practice formations Topic

I took over a team that had iq in the 90s on pro set formation as seniors. Is 20 minutes offense set and 20 defense set realistic if I run just 1 defense and 1 offense or is 20 too much. I would like to keep my iq in the 80s and 90s
3/21/2018 5:34 AM
You might get varying answers here but I set 20 minutes into the formations I practice if I am only doing 1 formation.
3/21/2018 9:05 AM
Raider: 20 minutes of practice "seems" to be where you do not get into the laws of diminishing returns for value. Note: Others have covered this elsewhere.

I am 20 min per one offense, 2 defenses and Special teams.
3/21/2018 9:06 AM

Is 20 minutes offense set and 20 defense set realistic if I run just 1 defense and 1 offense or is 20 too much. I would like to keep my iq in the 80s and 90s

My goal is the same and I use 20 for my formation practices. Works for me. Attaining 90's for any player is greatly impacted by GPA FYI.

nitros

3/22/2018 12:18 AM
I'm a little north of 20 myself. Since my players are usually a notch below some of the elite teams I run into come playoff time, I feel the need for putting more than others into formations in order to make up for any talent differential come playoff time. Figure if my team isn't more talented, we'll at least be smarter (the team, not the coach, lol).

Overall, I do think my team plays better vs. when I set it at 20 or below. But, it could be just wishful thinking.
3/22/2018 11:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bjschumacher on 3/23/2018 12:51:00 AM (view original):
Formation practice time relates to formation IQ. So does a player's GPA. So it's just a question of where you put your focus. I think the GPA has more impact than a few extra minutes in practice time. Just IMO.
High GPA will definitely lead to faster growth, but it's very tough to fill a team with 3.0+ guys, so that's why I pile a few extra pts onto formations.

My objective is to try and get my formations ratings as high as some of the top teams in my level to try and even the playing field.
3/23/2018 10:46 PM
Thanks guys
3/27/2018 3:00 AM
D1AA practice formations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.