Assignment/Promotion Question Topic

Hi all - I'm in the middle of my first season, and was hoping for some advice here. I just traded for a 19 year old prospect. The previous team had him in AA. If I assign him anywhere below AA, will his ratings take a hit? Alternatively, if I just assign him to AA but leave him there next year too, will his ratings not progress as much?

It seems like generally, people usually promote 1 level per season. But given that he's already in AA, that would potentially put him in the majors a little before I'd like. But given that he's already been in AA, I'm not sure how to slow down his advancement cycle without hurting his future ratings. Any ideas on the best way to handle?
3/21/2018 3:28 PM
He won't take a ratings hit if you put him in a lower level minor league. Just make sure you promote him back up to at least AA before ML playoffs end. If a player is left in a lower level too long he could possibly retire on you. He can stay in AAA several seasons without hurting his future ratings. You can wait to promote him to ML until you feel its the right time. And he attains a level that you feel he would have success at the ML level.
3/21/2018 3:55 PM
Assignment/Promotion Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.