WIS State of the Union Topic

Thatnks for the Hard work Seble !
3/22/2018 11:29 AM
Thx for the update. I've found that my tickets are responded to pretty quickly -- it's just that updates to the platform aren't happening (even little things like HTML code repairs to get rid of <html> tags in player card histories, etc.)
3/22/2018 11:30 AM
** Suggest marketing WIS... too many baseball fans have never heard of it. **

Highly UNlikely - SportsHub doesnt even have *Fantasy* Baseball.

And their Fantasy Football is for the *younger generation*. What exactly does this mean............ 11 and 12 year olds????
3/22/2018 3:19 PM (edited)
Is all of this really ran by one person?

And hiring one more person is going to help?

I started playing this in January and thought it was awesome, but to me this "one man show" thing with one new employee does not sound good at all. I'm now hesitant to continue playing. This is a huge letdown for me. I really hope I'm proved wrong.
3/22/2018 12:29 PM
How bout some decent prizes? How bout give away 2-3 teams or a money prize for the value of a few teams when you Win a WS and a free team when you lose the World Series.And forget abouut putting regular Progressive teams with Theme League teams in a TOC. waste of time.
3/22/2018 12:33 PM
thank you for all your hard work
3/22/2018 12:55 PM
Thanks for keeping things afloat all this time, Seble! Although I must admit that your post deflates my fantasy that WIS is teeming with staff in large corporate offices that marvel at my every move and have a bulletin board that tracks each new NBA sim record set over the years.
3/22/2018 1:08 PM
Posted by Tiptop00 on 3/22/2018 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Is all of this really ran by one person?

And hiring one more person is going to help?

I started playing this in January and thought it was awesome, but to me this "one man show" thing with one new employee does not sound good at all. I'm now hesitant to continue playing. This is a huge letdown for me. I really hope I'm proved wrong.
Site was run by big-boy, well-staffed Fox Interactive up til seven months ago.

Since then, with just seble running the show, ticket response times have noticably improved and a long term cheating issue in GD that Fox refused to address has been fixed. Heck, a Fox employee was caught cheating at GD shortly before the sale.

Give me seble over Fox any day.
3/22/2018 1:32 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 3/22/2018 11:35:00 AM (view original):
** Suggest marketing WIS... too many baseball fans have never heard of it. **

Highly UNlikely - SportsHub doesnt even have *Fantasy* Baseball.
Abstrakt Marketing Group!!
3/22/2018 1:53 PM
thanks for the message seble

one note on asking for user votes - watch out, the folks on the forums may or may not be representative of users. On anything that matters, one needs to find ways to get broad input - at least give the opportunity for broad input. Not just the views of the 1% who frequent the forums.
3/22/2018 3:13 PM
Been with WIS 10 years !!!! Appreciate all that you do Seble !!!!
3/22/2018 3:26 PM
Sticking with bell curve theory otherwise ....! Played SI ROLL THE DICE game as kid and kept volumes of spiral notebooks on seasons. I’m sure the trees thank you. If I could just make .500 in basketball. BLOL
3/22/2018 3:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thank you for the update. I had no idea that one person was running the site or any of the other behind the scene changes. I look forward to future updates and improvements.
3/22/2018 5:56 PM
I hope everything works well.
3/22/2018 6:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
WIS State of the Union Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.