WIS State of the Union Topic

Will the outage be all day on 3/27, or just part of the day? PIT Tourney and wondering if the AM Sim will take place, or not?
3/26/2018 3:14 PM
LMAO!

Quote post by seble on 3/21/2018 5:20:00 PM:
It's well past time for an update from me about what's going on around here. Let me start by apologizing for the lack of communication the past few months.

1. As some of you know, I'm pretty much a one-man show running WIS right now. The good news is that's about to change. We're close to bringing on another person to work directly on the games. Growing our staff, even by only one person right now, is a great indicator that SportsHub is fully invested in the future of WhatIfSports. After years of neglect, I hope this creates some optimism about the direction of the site.

4. While all of this is going on, we'll also make small improvements to each game where it makes sense. We'll provide more details in the coming weeks and months.

3/26/2018 11:30 PM
Wow there’s a lot of salty people in this thread...
3/27/2018 1:51 AM
My first suggestion would be to not allow Div. 2 or Div.3 schools the ability to sign Div. 1 recruits until 2 days before and there is not one of them trying to put 80 AP's on a guy. Believe me when I say this is so frustrating to be at Arizona St. and seeing a player sign with a Div. 2 school or even a Div. 3 school when you'd have started said player but couldn't unlock it in time. I'm pretty sure that's not real life. In fact, I don't think a player would sign with a Div. 2 or Div. 3 school when a Div. 1 school that made the Little Dance the past 2 years is putting a lot of attention on them.
3/27/2018 3:16 AM
Posted by Lazerhawks on 3/23/2018 6:45:00 PM (view original):
On page 2, I explained some of the problems my teams are having with ridiculous, uncanny bad luck. Out of the six teams I currently have, one is almost finished with the season. They were in the play-offs until about 25 games until the end...terrible losing streak...done. Three of the teams got off to such a slow start, they can't catch up. All players well below natural stats for many games, which they lost, then...bam a one game winning streak where they scored and hit enough to catch up with their stats. The two winning teams... One has a winning % of .800 and is tied for first with the 3rd place team at a .600 clip. The other is in a league where all four teams in my division have a winning record. I have a .583 winning percentage and am in 3rd place. These things have gone on with my teams for the last year and so I am going to QUIT when my free teams expire. Before sim was bought out, I had enough free teams to last me until the Lord returns (so I thought) and most of my teams made the play-offs....now, with this terrible string of "bad luck" my free teams are about done. I am NOT making accusations, but it really is suspicious that tampering is occurring. Like I said, nobody is THAT unlucky and I have been extremely lucky all my life. There has to be something going on!
You must have done something early in your tenure here. Sometimes they label users they do not care for and add a (.75) to the success rate inside the logarithm specific to them. It happens.

It is sometimes called the Browns effect. It feels unfair, but some franchises have worse luck than others. If you think about it, it makes it a little more realistic. You just have to soldier on.
3/27/2018 5:42 AM
Jets fans are Sh*t out of luck.
3/27/2018 6:08 AM
What is going to happen with recruiting in Bryant World in GD? The signings were supposed to start today (Tuesday) at Noon EST. The world has currently been suspended. In your note you said that WIS might come back in the afternoon or evening on Tuesday. Will the recruiting be pushed back a full 24 hours? If you do get everything done successfully and you get it back up and running Tuesday afternoon--will the recruiting resume then? In HD the schedules were updated showing everything pushed back by 1 day. In GD the schedules have NOT been pushed back a day. It still shows that signings start in Bryant world at Noon EST on Tuesday. There are inconsistencies between the 2 games. I would assume that you have pushed back the recruiting by one full day in Bryant but since you didn't adjust the schedule like you did in HD I will have to check every hour or so until tomorrow to see what you have done. I apologize if I missed an announcement on how you are handling this.

The other question in Bryant world is are you going to eliminate one of the off days after the season is over so the world rolls over on the same day and recruiting stays on the same day of the week each season? I hope you realize that a lot of people choose Bryant world because the recruiting starts on Saturday every season and you get the recruits first responses on Sunday when it takes the most time to deal with that huge first batch of player responses. People that work normal Monday to Friday jobs would not be able to compete in this world if the first huge batch of player responses now fell on a Monday.
3/27/2018 10:31 AM
In HD on the World Schedule page the New Season starts before Recruiting Period 2 of the previous season ends.
3/28/2018 8:15 AM
2017 football players?
3/28/2018 5:21 PM
Maybe it's just cuz I haven't been doing this for too long (since 2015 I think) but man, some of y'all are super pessimistic.
3/28/2018 5:53 PM
I'll be positive with a simple yet very nice comment:

Site loads much faster for me since the move.

Thanks.
3/29/2018 12:24 AM
I hear left handed second baseman really have it well now.
3/29/2018 1:34 AM
HD icon to return to locker page is taking me to an offline copy of the locker login. I bypass it by selecting the WIS icon at the top.
3/29/2018 9:12 AM
Posted by phurier on 3/29/2018 9:12:00 AM (view original):
HD icon to return to locker page is taking me to an offline copy of the locker login. I bypass it by selecting the WIS icon at the top.
No longer seeing this issue.
3/30/2018 5:08 AM
Adding Bell MTS Center in hockey for Winnipeg would be nice. Winnipeg Arena was razed to the ground 20 years ago.
3/31/2018 9:30 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
WIS State of the Union Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.