WIS State of the Union Topic

Posted by vegascowboy on 3/21/2018 6:45:00 PM (view original):
So from what I'm reading is you're going to take the site down for most of a day and the end result is you give the commish a new tool to resolve whatever so that the sportshub team doesn't have to spend their time in support. Oh and apparently you've also added "a" employee who I assume has started already or is that over the next few months??? Also, I guess the sportshub team which is investing so much into this and the other games are going to make some slight improvements over the next few months. Right.
I for one am not impressed. Have you ever heard of a dev ops approach to rolling out stuff?
Wait - you're serious?
3/21/2018 8:13 PM
Hiring *one* person?! Christ.

Sorry, that shows absolutely no commitment whatsoever. Let us know if they let you buy a new stapler.
3/21/2018 8:16 PM
Thanks, seble!

It is baby steps, folks. Think of all the code in the various games, switching servers, etc. Tons of work. Hope there is more help on the way for seble.
3/21/2018 8:20 PM
The 35 day cycle is necessary to keep the recruiting starting on the same day. I am sure that shortening the recruiting time would involve algorithm and code changes, introducing chances for error and unintended consequences. Leave recruiting alone, please. Please.
3/21/2018 8:29 PM
All great developments, except not sure about the league commissioner. We could wind up with a Tigerpark situation on steroids. Tigerpark for league commissioner anyone?
3/21/2018 8:32 PM
Thanks for the update, I had just about written you/sportshub off. It will be nice to finally see some forward momentum after nearly 10 years of stasis.

That said, though, I'll believe it when I see it.
3/21/2018 8:58 PM
awesome job. this is a great side hobby getaway from real life. and since I cant see your shoes. I will say again awesome job. and look forward to new things!!!
3/21/2018 9:06 PM
Posted by jpritchard on 3/21/2018 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Hiring *one* person?! Christ.

Sorry, that shows absolutely no commitment whatsoever. Let us know if they let you buy a new stapler.
I have to disagree. If you are right and the one person they are hiring is Christ, that is a big, big deal!
3/21/2018 9:12 PM
Posted by seble on 3/21/2018 5:20:00 PM (view original):
It's well past time for an update from me about what's going on around here. Let me start by apologizing for the lack of communication the past few months. I've been working hard on various technical challenges in transitioning the site from FOX to SportsHub. This phase has taken a little longer than expected, but it was a necessity to keep the site working.

As part of the final step in the technical transition, we'll need to shut down the site for at least part of a day on Tuesday March 27th. I'll be pushing back all games for that day, and the site will not be accessible for at least the first part of the day. If everything goes smoothly, we should be back up in the afternoon or evening. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

I want to highlight a few things coming up over the next few months and beyond.

1. As some of you know, I'm pretty much a one-man show running WIS right now. The good news is that's about to change. We're close to bringing on another person to work directly on the games. Growing our staff, even by only one person right now, is a great indicator that SportsHub is fully invested in the future of WhatIfSports. After years of neglect, I hope this creates some optimism about the direction of the site.

2. We're going to improve our customer support tools in an effort to lower response times and provide a more consistent experience. As part of that, we'll look for opportunities to provide league/world commissioners with more tools to handle issues without needing to contact us. An added bonus is that the less time we spend on customer support, the more time we have to work on the games.

3. We plan to create a new section of the site to allow anyone to submit suggestions for feedback. The WIS community will then vote those suggestions up or down, so that the most popular ideas will rise to the top. As we plan and prioritize updates, this will guide our decisions.

4. While all of this is going on, we'll also make small improvements to each game where it makes sense. We'll provide more details in the coming weeks and months.

Thank you for your continued patience, we greatly appreciate it!
Our recruiting starts 27 March. I will that be handled?
3/21/2018 9:23 PM
Can we have the 2017 NFL players added?
3/21/2018 9:25 PM
People have been clamoring for information for a year. We get good information. People don't think it's enough good information.

People are funny.
3/21/2018 9:27 PM
Great news! LOVE world commissioner idea. Hopefully that leads to more community within worlds and leagues. It’s much too singular of a game right now. More reasons to talk to fellow coaches is great (other than griping about HD).

Love the idea for democracy choosing ideas that are prioritized.
3/21/2018 9:47 PM
Odds that it goes down on the 27th and never comes back up?
3/21/2018 10:02 PM
Posted by styckman on 3/21/2018 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Appreciate the update. I'm just going to throw this out there though.....HOCKEY DYNASTY!! Thanks for all your efforts in keeping the site running.
I would love to see Hockey Dynasty. I could recruit a half dozen people to WIS if that were created.
3/21/2018 10:24 PM
SIM Hockey says THANK YOU. We needed to hear from you, big time

Umm.. when do you ever sleep? You need a couple guys there, if not for just to answer the tickets, and you are pretty good with the ones I sent

I guess nagging you for the last ten years is finally paying off, eh?

Thanks for the extra effort and work

Glen-Lostnfound-BlueBlade, and (closed acc't) Highstyx5
3/21/2018 10:26 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
WIS State of the Union Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.