WIS State of the Union Topic

It's well past time for an update from me about what's going on around here. Let me start by apologizing for the lack of communication the past few months. I've been working hard on various technical challenges in transitioning the site from FOX to SportsHub. This phase has taken a little longer than expected, but it was a necessity to keep the site working.

As part of the final step in the technical transition, we'll need to shut down the site for at least part of a day on Tuesday March 27th. I'll be pushing back all games for that day, and the site will not be accessible for at least the first part of the day. If everything goes smoothly, we should be back up in the afternoon or evening. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

I want to highlight a few things coming up over the next few months and beyond.

1. As some of you know, I'm pretty much a one-man show running WIS right now. The good news is that's about to change. We're close to bringing on another person to work directly on the games. Growing our staff, even by only one person right now, is a great indicator that SportsHub is fully invested in the future of WhatIfSports. After years of neglect, I hope this creates some optimism about the direction of the site.

2. We're going to improve our customer support tools in an effort to lower response times and provide a more consistent experience. As part of that, we'll look for opportunities to provide league/world commissioners with more tools to handle issues without needing to contact us. An added bonus is that the less time we spend on customer support, the more time we have to work on the games.

3. We plan to create a new section of the site to allow anyone to submit suggestions for feedback. The WIS community will then vote those suggestions up or down, so that the most popular ideas will rise to the top. As we plan and prioritize updates, this will guide our decisions.

4. While all of this is going on, we'll also make small improvements to each game where it makes sense. We'll provide more details in the coming weeks and months.

Thank you for your continued patience, we greatly appreciate it!
3/21/2018 5:20 PM
Great news. Thanks seble for keeping a pulse here.
3/21/2018 5:31 PM
Thanks for your hard work. New section for ideas sounds great.
3/21/2018 5:33 PM
I am very excited and have been excited about the change sine. Never knew what sportshub was, now I think it is an awesome business and idea they created and glad that they are moving towards sports games.
3/21/2018 5:34 PM
Thank you for the update, and great to hear....

But a question.... If the games are going to be bumped back a day, can you shorten the off-season by one day to make sure we stay on the same start day for recruiting? Some of us joined the world we are in because of those particular first two days of recruiting are the best for our work schedules.
3/21/2018 5:50 PM
I'm all for cutting a day off all all recruiting - but I suspect that would take a global fix ... as perhaps would cutting recruiting by a day and moving things around. Great idea mucky!
3/21/2018 5:53 PM
I would totally volunteer as a 'guide' or 'commish' for a world I am not in for credit ... and would probably play Hardball again if it was for trade
3/21/2018 5:54 PM
Appreciate the update. I'm just going to throw this out there though.....HOCKEY DYNASTY!! Thanks for all your efforts in keeping the site running.
3/21/2018 5:57 PM
My Old Man used to say sumpin' about the proof bein' in the puddin', whatever that meant.
3/21/2018 6:04 PM
Thanks seble!
3/21/2018 6:05 PM
Kudos to you for handling this transition. Excited to see where this leads!
3/21/2018 6:08 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thank you. Most of this sounds encouraging. I especially look forward to the additional tools for league commissioners (ex. the power to remove non-compliant owners).

Good luck!
3/21/2018 6:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
HE LIVES!!!!
3/21/2018 6:14 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
WIS State of the Union Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.