D3 on Draft Big Board Topic

He only shot 46.5% from the field and 37% from 3. You would think with those LP/PE numbers, he would've shot better, especially at D-3. Lack of athleticism/speed probably hurt his numbers.
4/20/2018 12:01 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 4/20/2018 12:01:00 PM (view original):
He only shot 46.5% from the field and 37% from 3. You would think with those LP/PE numbers, he would've shot better, especially at D-3. Lack of athleticism/speed probably hurt his numbers.
Fatigue.
4/20/2018 12:24 PM
This thread had me wondering about drafted d3 players.https://m.herosports.com/news/five-players-from-d3-schools-who-made-it-to-the-nba
4/20/2018 10:13 PM
Jack Sikma was great.
4/20/2018 11:45 PM
I was the coach that recruited Kirk Crampton. I coached Texas Tyler in Iba that season. And I'll give you my reasoning for going after him.

He was a 2 star recruit and normally I wouldn't even consider such a recruit. But Crampton was from Tyler Texas, so I know I'd get a buff for that. Also, his starting ATH was low. Much lower than a player would need to be to get considered by D1 school. But he had enough potential to get his ATH into the 60's and that's enough to be a top player in D3.

Next I calculated his overall rating to be in the 900's. I'd never seen a D3 player that high and with 60+ ATH, I figured he could dominate at that level. Additionally, He had 4or 5 (maybe even 6) preferences that were good or very good. Plus the class structure I was using with Texas Tyler was 6-0-6-0, so I had max money and attention points to use on him. I think I must have averaged over 76 attention points per cycle on him.

So all I had to do was wait it out until D3 schools were eligible to sign a D1 recruit. I got no challenge from D3 schools and I got no real challenge from a human D1 school. Plenty of sim D1 schools were on the consideration list, which probably helped me because it most likely kept potential D2 coaches from trying to get him as well. I don't recall and real threat for any one school in signing him before I could. With all the money and attention points, I was able to keep the sim schools at bay and no human coach really put up any kind of challenge. So basically it was the perfect scenario for signing such a high recruit.

I would have liked to have stayed at Iba to see him graduate, but I had time constraints and had to cut back on my teams. I always thought he'd have a chance to get drafted and I was hoping I'd get credit for having a player drafted, but as it turns out I didn't. I guess you have to be the coach when they get drafted and not the recruited. And since I only play D3, I guess I never will get credit for one. haha.

4/21/2018 5:57 AM
◂ Prev 123
D3 on Draft Big Board Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.