Draft pick signing Topic

So I drafted a hs player rated as a 90 overall...great numbers across the board. My problem is I don’t have enough to meet his requirements. Fall short about 2mil. Question; is there any chance offering a big league contract could help? Or am I SOL? Thanks
3/24/2018 12:12 PM
A big league contract doesn't solve the bonus money problem, that money still comes from the prospect payroll.

If you have any funds left from player payroll to transfer to prospect payroll you can do that. If you don't have the funds you can try to trade or waive one of your big league contracts (keeping in mind that you have to prorate the contract for however long into the season you are). And then transfer the freed up funds from Player to Prospect.
3/24/2018 1:49 PM
Your new to WIS. Ask if anyone will make trade with you to free up $4 million player payroll money in order to transfer it to prospect money. Is it $2 million your short or more than $2 million short? If it is more than you would need to free up $6 million in payroll money to transfer to prospect money pool.
3/25/2018 3:40 PM
Keeping in mind the $4M short if you are 2/3 through the season = shedding $12M in contracts.
3/25/2018 8:25 PM
I am new and appreciate the advice. I was able to get more $ by taking your advice Brian. Thank you
3/27/2018 10:18 AM
Draft pick signing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.