Issues in the new environment Topic

i think so too

no doubt its slow from time to time right now, but he opened the doors in one day

i give him a big ol A

one dim daft move it coulda been down a week

3/31/2018 2:04 AM
There is a major bug in the NFLSim that has occurred as a result of the move. It was not there before.

I ticketed it a few days ago and the response I got was we have replaced the sim with the latest version so it should be fixed.

Well, yesterday’s games showed it is not fixed. I updated the ticket starting 24 hours ago, with several updates with different examples of how it is failing.

I have requested the the NFLSim be stopped until it is fixed.

I am am still awaiting a response to those updates. I realize a lot is going on here, but how about at least an acknowledgement that you are aware that there is still a problem?
3/31/2018 5:08 AM
I'm trying to get to the "rename players" page in my GM's office. I get this message.

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.

3/31/2018 11:20 AM
Posted by matthewjohns on 3/31/2018 1:55:00 AM (view original):
If you guys could just fathom the enormity that seble has undertaken, you'd cut him some slack. It's a one man show as of right now. He's doing a great job.
With respect, matthewjohns, while I do acknowledge the size of the IT mountain seble had to climb having climbed one or two myself, and while I don't wholly lay the problems at his feet--unless he was the one making all the decisions as to how this was done--the fact is we pay for this service and have a right to expect competence from SportsHub. However, the number, scope and seriousness of the problems encountered with the migration, and the fact they all seemed to catch seble off guard, would seem to indicate that SportsHub didn't even do one dry run. In other words, they used us, the customers, as QA testers. And we got to pay them for the privilege. The sick twist is that if they didn't have enough resources (one guy for a mission critical project? Really?) and wanted to use us as testers, they could have set up a test server, done a dry run migration using a backup of the site and opened it to any of us who wanted to dive in and poke around for problems. I suspect many of us, myself included, would have been happy to do so. The result would have been not only a smoother transition of the live server but a quicker one, something that quite possibly could have avoided the wholesale shift in season schedules that will, taking the (ignored) feedback voiced by numerous players, cost SportsHub customers. So, with all of that said, I'll finish by saying that I am generally willing and happy to give amateurs some goodwill and a pass when they make amateurish mistakes. A for-profit company to which I am giving money? Not so much.
3/31/2018 12:29 PM (edited)
I am with gonzo can not remane my AAA paalyers in sim league baseball
3/31/2018 11:47 AM
Is the leader tab in sim baseball getting fixed.
3/31/2018 1:41 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 3/31/2018 12:29:00 PM (view original):
If you guys could just fathom the enormity that seble has undertaken, you'd cut him some slack. It's a one man show as of right now. He's doing a great job.
With respect, matthewjohns, while I do acknowledge the size of the IT mountain seble had to climb having climbed one or two myself, and while I don't wholly lay the problems at his feet--unless he was the one making all the decisions as to how this was done--the fact is we pay for this service and have a right to expect competence from SportsHub. However, the number, scope and seriousness of the problems encountered with the migration, and the fact they all seemed to catch seble off guard, would seem to indicate that SportsHub didn't even do one dry run. In other words, they used us, the customers, as QA testers. And we got to pay them for the privilege. The sick twist is that if they didn't have enough resources (one guy for a mission critical project? Really?) and wanted to use us as testers, they could have set up a test server, done a dry run migration using a backup of the site and opened it to any of us who wanted to dive in and poke around for problems. I suspect many of us, myself included, would have been happy to do so. The result would have been not only a smoother transition of the live server but a quicker one, something that quite possibly could have avoided the wholesale shift in season schedules that will, taking the (ignored) feedback voiced by numerous players, cost SportsHub customers. So, with all of that said, I'll finish by saying that I am generally willing and happy to give amateurs some goodwill and a pass when they make amateurish mistakes. A for-profit company to which I am giving money? Not so much.
Well said. Usually when a IT move is made and there are major issues, you back out of it, Of course that wasn’t followed here,
3/31/2018 1:58 PM
I get an error when trying to rename my AAA
3/31/2018 2:38 PM
(also with respect) I get what you're saying FB_Trap, on the other hand this is only a 10.95 a month game. I spend more at the car wash each month. If it were 50 - 100 bucks a month then! I would be upset. People should get what they pay for, but when a monumental occurrence takes place, usually the people that can see the whole picture will turn a blind eye to all the problems. I wonder how long wis would've kept going if seble didn't take it over. In all actuality, seble probably saved the site from being shut down. Dilly Dilly
3/31/2018 4:35 PM
word-this site is a pleasant distraction, and I enjoy it, but if it shut down, I suppose I'd find another site to waste my shekels on-at this point, I'm happy for any type of attention/improvement the site gets
3/31/2018 5:19 PM
Anyone else having problems using Google Chrome and posting here?
Had to switch to Firefox.
Sure hope that gets fixed.
3/31/2018 5:31 PM
Posted by all3 on 3/31/2018 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Anyone else having problems using Google Chrome and posting here?
Had to switch to Firefox.
Sure hope that gets fixed.
Chrome posting fine for me...
3/31/2018 5:52 PM
Posted by matthewjohns on 3/31/2018 4:35:00 PM (view original):
(also with respect) I get what you're saying FB_Trap, on the other hand this is only a 10.95 a month game. I spend more at the car wash each month. If it were 50 - 100 bucks a month then! I would be upset. People should get what they pay for, but when a monumental occurrence takes place, usually the people that can see the whole picture will turn a blind eye to all the problems. I wonder how long wis would've kept going if seble didn't take it over. In all actuality, seble probably saved the site from being shut down. Dilly Dilly
(with even more respect) I spend a heck of a lot less on Madden Connected Franchise and is a far superior product. I'm not even sure why I am here but I do know I picked a heck of a bad time to join.
3/31/2018 6:14 PM
I see where you're coming from, matthewjohns. I do. However, in my mind it's a bit of the French fry scenario. As in how many people would go back and ask for a new order of fries if the ones they had gotten were cold? The simple answer is some would and most wouldn't. After all, the fries weren't expensive and the cold ones can still be eaten. But from a business perspective the deeper questions are how many of those who received cold fries are likely to come back anytime soon if at all; how many are likely to tell their friends about the cold fries or recommend to try them; and how many of those friends are likely to be customers anytime soon?

So, ultimately, I guess, the answer to whether or not SportsHub made the right decisions in how they've handled the migration will be answered by how those decisions affect the bottom line through immediate and future subscriptions. Maybe all this kerfuffle will have no detrimental affect whatsoever. However, I've spent over $500 here and will at the very least be reducing my participation, and I recall reading a post yesterday from someone who's spent over a $1,000 saying he's looking at the door. And whether it's him, me or anyone else that walks, chances are none will be bringing friends here anytime soon.

Small fries do add up, but only if enough people keep eating them. Which, if you think about it, is kind of the whole economic model for SportsHub and subscription gaming in general.
3/31/2018 7:18 PM (edited)
League Leaders in 121338 does not work, redirects to an admin only page.
3/31/2018 7:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
Issues in the new environment Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.